upgrading road bike

djbrow

Feb 3, 2007
I am considering upgrading my existing bike (old Peugot chro-mo frame 58cm road bike) by way of purchasing another frame and building it up. Not doing any racing, just commuting and long rides for fun and fitness. The frame I am considering is an Easton Elite 7005 taperwall type. Has anyone had any experience with Easton frames? Are they any good? Thanks

djbrow said:
I am considering upgrading my existing bike (old Peugot chro-mo frame 58cm road bike) by way of purchasing another frame and building it up. Not doing any racing, just commuting and long rides for fun and fitness. The frame I am considering is an Easton Elite 7005 taperwall type. Has anyone had any experience with Easton frames? Are they any good? Thanks

Building it up with your old parts? Nah, ride your Peugot as is. Not worth the time and money. 27 wheels vs 700, threadless vs. threaded. Too many reasons to not go that route.

Just buy another bike. Keep your Peugeot for training/wet days/lights on - if needed.

You'll be able to get a quality secondhand bike with STIs etc for not much $ that'll be much better than upgrading components on your existing frame or a new frame for your existing components. :)

Bigbananabike said:
Just buy another bike. Keep your Peugeot for training/wet days/lights on - if needed.

You'll be able to get a quality secondhand bike with STIs etc for not much $ that'll be much better than upgrading components on your existing frame or a new frame for your existing components. :)

current bike already has mavic rims and shimano 105 running gear and pedals. the easton frame i am lookiing at is second hand, in very good condition and can be had for an excellent price. So....question remains....any opinions on Easton frames?