upgrading wheels

Gabe

Guest
I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and weigh 180lbs. I've been looking at
Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I noticed a lot of places are selling them for $225 for the set. It
looks like they used to retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they worth the
money and will they do okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?

thanks, -gabe

"Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and weigh 180lbs. I've been looking
> at Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I noticed a
lot
> of places are selling them for $225 for the set. It looks like they used
> retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they worth the money and will they do
> okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?

There is nothing better that good ole 3 cross laced wheel.

Mike

"Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and weigh 180lbs. I've been looking
> at Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I noticed a lot of places are selling them for $225 for the set.
> It looks like they used to retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they worth the
> money and will they do okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?

Those are junk, which is why they are desperate to get rid of them at such a low cost. Have a
reputable local wheelbuilder lace you up a set.

JD

Gabe wrote:
> I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and weigh 180lbs. I've been looking
> at Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I noticed a lot of places are selling them for $225 for the set.
> It looks like they used to retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they worth the
> money and will they do okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?
>
> thanks, -gabe

I have Sun Rhyno-Lite and they seem to be pretty tough rims, won't win any point if you are a
gram-cruncher though.

> "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and weigh 180lbs. I've been looking
> > at Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I noticed a
> lot
> > of places are selling them for $225 for the set. It looks like they
used
> > retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they worth
the
> > money and will they do okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?
> >

> There is nothing better that good ole 3 cross laced wheel.

Plus they can be repaired at any bike shop.

"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I'm considering upgrading wheels on my x-country mtb. I'm 6' and
weigh
> > > 180lbs. I've been looking at Cane Creek's Aeroheat wheels. I noticed
> > lot
> > > of places are selling them for $225 for the set. It looks like they
> used
> > > retail for about $420. Any opinions on these wheels? Are they worth
> the
> > > money and will they do okay for a 180 lb cross country rider?
> > >

> > There is nothing better that good ole 3 cross laced wheel.
> >
> Plus they can be repaired at any bike shop.

Or DIY if you learn the black art of wheelbuilding.

Mike

> "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Gabe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> weigh
> > > lot
> > used
> > the
> > > >

> > > There is nothing better that good ole 3 cross laced wheel.
> > >
> > Plus they can be repaired at any bike shop.
> >

> Or DIY if you learn the black art of wheelbuilding.

That's the one thing I have not tackled yet.

"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...

> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > weigh
> noticed
> > > used
> worth
> > > the

> > > Plus they can be repaired at any bike shop.
> > >

> > Or DIY if you learn the black art of wheelbuilding.
> >
> That's the one thing I have not tackled yet.

At the risk of getting in trouble with the Memphis PD...go for it! It's not hard.

Mike

> "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > > weigh
> > noticed
> they
> > worth

> > > Or DIY if you learn the black art of wheelbuilding.
> > >
> > That's the one thing I have not tackled yet.
> >

> At the risk of getting in trouble with the Memphis PD...go for it! It's
not
> hard.

I promise when I do, I won't be in Memphis. For now, I'm not in any danger of breaking any spokes,
as my almost complete bike sits safely in the repair stand.