Upgrading

wmorrison818

Aug 4, 2013
Had a question about upgrading a road bike. I just sold one of my road bikes (Felt AR4), with the money I got from that I was debating on upgrading my other bike. That one is 2008 Fuji Roubaix and was thinking of upgrading the group set on it. Just having trouble deciding whether it would be worth it to upgrade the current one or purchase a new bike. Any advice is much appreciated.

If you like the way your frame fits and rides, a group upgrade is a splendid idea. Depending on available cash, a current Ultegra or Dura Ace group would be nice, but personally I'd go for Chorus11 or Record11. If you were going SRAM, I'd go right for the top as the lower groups apparently don't wear that well.

I grabbed these screenshots from Tour Magazine which will give some basic info (for their scoring criteria, lower is better):

You can read more details at http://tour-int.com/?page_id=111 (starting on pg. 34 of the sample issue).

There are other reviews out there, but this seems to show the good, the bad, and the ugly.