Upper Body Excercises

> >I used to do weights but found that I ended up pushing myself too far, resulting in being able to
> >move real heavy weights but being too
knackered
> >to do anything else ;-) I'd seriously suggest just using your own body weight, then resistance
> >training such as cycling, swimming, press-ups, chin ups etc. This has
worked
> >tremendously for toning me up and I haven't suffered any of the side
effects
> >I used to with weights, that is to say, I actually feel the fittest I've ever felt. Oh, I also
> >run distance, but it's worth waiting 'til you're at your target weight for that. Cheers, Dave.
>
> have been following this thread with interest
>
> I have been thinking of weights as well..... but I do see your points abt just using your own body
> weight to start with.
>
> Question.... when you did do the weights..... just how serious did you get into them?
>
> I guess what Im wondering is if you just used some good dumb bells and a bench if that may have
> sufficed for you?

Could be right there John. It was a few years ago now, but I took my weight from 12.5 stone to 17
stone and started getting interested in bodybuilding. Luckily I realised just in time that this
wasn't a healthy way to go. I used to run marathons before starting with the weights. I tried
running again at 17 stone, my god, what a difference an extra 4.5 stone makes, even when it's
muscle. Anyway, sold the weights and bench and got on with the job of trying to lose the weight.
Can't get back down to 12.5 stone but now at a reasonably healthy 14 stone with not a lot of fat.
Told by friends and family that 12.5 stone would look a bit unhealthy as I'm now older than I was (
I know, aren't we all ;-), being 42 rather than mid-20's. Cheers, Dave.

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> gabrielle scribbled :
> > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:22:54 -0700, JD wrote:
> >
> >> "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:<[email protected]>...

> >> Oh, I had an Obsidian Stout as well as a Bigfoot Barleywine, just no Chaturanga Dandasana.
> >
> > Chaturangas and alcohol don't mix. "Friends don't let friends drink and do yoga." :p
> >
> > gabrielle
>
> I have this image of a tipsy JD trying to do an inverted asana.....

My asana only voids, thank you very much.

JD