Upright to bents prototype boom mounted

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Finally got the boom notched at an angle[5deg. new pics are at
    http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill look for upright to bent conversion. pic has boom
    temporary mounted and labeled parts 1 & 2. part 1 is temporary held together with hose clamps and U
    bolts for fitting purposes only and will hold part 1 in place for brazing. I'm going to have to make
    another part 1 which will be 3 " longer. With the longer part 1 heel strike should not be a issue.

    Tags:

  2. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    Bill,

    Your homebuilt conversion is looking good. I can never remember to take pictures while I'm building.
    Thanks for taking the time. Did you notch with a drum grinder?

    --
    Miles of Smiles,

    Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

    www.gate.net/~teblum

  3. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Bill,
    >
    > Your homebuilt conversion is looking good. I can never remember to take pictures while I'm
    > building. Thanks for taking the time. Did you notch with a drum grinder?
    >
    > --
    > Miles of Smiles,
    >
    > Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone
    >
    > www.gate.net/~teblum

    Hi Tom. Thanks.I do my notching with a Joint Jigger tube notcher[uses bi metal hole saws powered by
    a drill.Does a pretty good job and will hadle up to 2" tubes.Pic of notcher is on my webshots album