UPS Timechart

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by dudewithasock, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Does anyone know of a good online UPS Ground timechart? UDC called my
    house last Wednesday saying they had processed my order and were
    working on shipping it out, and now on Monday, it's still not here, and
    I'm getting really impatient, just because I'm looking forward to
    finally learning.

    --
    dudewithasock

    dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

  2. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

  3. Chrashing

    Chrashing Guest

    If you order over the web, then when UDC ships you should get a email
    with the tracking number. Otherwise call UDC and ask them for it. Then
    track your shipment at the UPS site.

    Once it ships, if your really anxious, then you can call UPS and
    explain to them it is really not an emergency, but you would like to
    pick up your package earlier in the day. (For me home delivery at
    6:30PM at night ). If your lucky they will phone the driver, and
    arrange a time and place for you to meet and you can get your uni
    earlier in the day. I did this for my Coker and UPS was unbelievably
    nice about it. (I got my hands on the Coker by 11AM.)

    I ordered an airfoil Coker rim, it should be here the Wed. before
    Thanksgiving. So I can (attempt to) rebuild my wheel over the holiday.
    I can hardly wait.

    Good luck with your order.

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

  4. daino149

    daino149 Guest

    Personally, I prefer FedEx. I used to work for UPS and I still like
    FedEx better. When I had my Coker wheel delivered, UPS.com said that
    they attempted the delivery at a time when everyone at our house was
    home and that they left a door tag. When I called UPS, they said that
    the driver did attempt it and we must have just not heard him. The
    driver came the next day told my sister that he didn't have time to get
    to our house so he just scanned it and said that we weren't home. Down
    with UPS.

    --
    daino149

    OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE

  5. Gilby

    Gilby Guest

    daino149 wrote:
    > Personally, I prefer FedEx. I used to work for UPS and I still like
    > FedEx better. When I had my Coker wheel delivered, UPS.com said that
    > they attempted the delivery at a time when everyone at our house was
    > home and that they left a door tag. When I called UPS, they said that
    > the driver did attempt it and we must have just not heard him. The
    > driver came the next day told my sister that he didn't have time to get
    > to our house so he just scanned it and said that we weren't home. Down
    > with UPS.

    That sounds like something that -could- happen with any company.
    After all, it's up to *-one-* person to decide what they want to do. I
    bet that UPS would not appreciate such service, so as a customer, you
    should let them know so that they can provide better service to you and
    everyone else in the future.

    Though, for me, it does come down to price and service, FedEx ground
    has provided good service (usually faster to deliver) and from my
    experience, it is usually cheaper than UPS. However, as a buyer, we
    don't always have a choice.

    --
    Gilby
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

  6. sethg

    sethg Guest

    Gilby wrote:
    > That sounds like something that -could- happen with any company.
    > After all, it's up to *-one-* person to decide what they want to do.

    True, but the company creates the situation. Why did the driver not
    have time? Why was he uncomfortable telling the truth? These point to
    problems with the way the business is run, and bad management will
    affect other drivers.

    About a year ago, I was sitting at home, eagerly awaiting a package. I
    checked the online tracking info and found that it had been delivered
    already to my front door. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find it.
    An hour later, the driver showed up with the package. I asked him
    about his time machine and he told me that as of a recent policy
    change, they were supposed to take a very short lunch break. So he
    frequently lied about delivery times to make it look like he was
    working, took a longer break, and then tried to do the deliveries that
    much faster to make up the time. One person, one decision, but maybe
    he wasn't the only one doing that.

    Oh, and the last time I ordered something from UDC, it took two extra
    days because UPS kept putting it on the wrong truck. (Can we start
    calling them UPD?)

    --
    sethg
    sethg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11058

  7. bmemike

    bmemike Guest

    My complaint with FedEx is that it's a real pain to get them to change
    delivery locations. Since most places will only ship to the billing
    address on the card, and since I work a later shift that tends to
    ensure that I'm *NEVER* able to sign for packages, having the first
    slip arrive and then change the address to work is optimal for me.

    FedEx only allows the shipper to do this, which can sometimes be a pain
    depending on who you're purchasing from.

    --
    bmemike
    bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148