UPS Timechart

dudewithasock

Guest
Does anyone know of a good online UPS Ground timechart? UDC called my
house last Wednesday saying they had processed my order and were
working on shipping it out, and now on Monday, it's still not here, and
I'm getting really impatient, just because I'm looking forward to
finally learning.

--
dudewithasock

dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

If you order over the web, then when UDC ships you should get a email
with the tracking number. Otherwise call UDC and ask them for it. Then
track your shipment at the UPS site.

Once it ships, if your really anxious, then you can call UPS and
explain to them it is really not an emergency, but you would like to
pick up your package earlier in the day. (For me home delivery at
6:30PM at night ). If your lucky they will phone the driver, and
arrange a time and place for you to meet and you can get your uni
earlier in the day. I did this for my Coker and UPS was unbelievably
nice about it. (I got my hands on the Coker by 11AM.)

I ordered an airfoil Coker rim, it should be here the Wed. before
Thanksgiving. So I can (attempt to) rebuild my wheel over the holiday.
I can hardly wait.

Good luck with your order.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Personally, I prefer FedEx. I used to work for UPS and I still like
FedEx better. When I had my Coker wheel delivered, UPS.com said that
they attempted the delivery at a time when everyone at our house was
home and that they left a door tag. When I called UPS, they said that
the driver did attempt it and we must have just not heard him. The
driver came the next day told my sister that he didn't have time to get
to our house so he just scanned it and said that we weren't home. Down
with UPS.

--
daino149

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE

daino149 wrote:
> Personally, I prefer FedEx. I used to work for UPS and I still like
> FedEx better. When I had my Coker wheel delivered, UPS.com said that
> they attempted the delivery at a time when everyone at our house was
> home and that they left a door tag. When I called UPS, they said that
> the driver did attempt it and we must have just not heard him. The
> driver came the next day told my sister that he didn't have time to get
> to our house so he just scanned it and said that we weren't home. Down
> with UPS.

That sounds like something that -could- happen with any company.
After all, it's up to *-one-* person to decide what they want to do. I
bet that UPS would not appreciate such service, so as a customer, you
should let them know so that they can provide better service to you and
everyone else in the future.

Though, for me, it does come down to price and service, FedEx ground
has provided good service (usually faster to deliver) and from my
experience, it is usually cheaper than UPS. However, as a buyer, we
don't always have a choice.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Gilby wrote:
> That sounds like something that -could- happen with any company.
> After all, it's up to *-one-* person to decide what they want to do.

True, but the company creates the situation. Why did the driver not
have time? Why was he uncomfortable telling the truth? These point to
problems with the way the business is run, and bad management will
affect other drivers.

About a year ago, I was sitting at home, eagerly awaiting a package. I
checked the online tracking info and found that it had been delivered
already to my front door. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find it.
An hour later, the driver showed up with the package. I asked him
about his time machine and he told me that as of a recent policy
change, they were supposed to take a very short lunch break. So he
frequently lied about delivery times to make it look like he was
working, took a longer break, and then tried to do the deliveries that
much faster to make up the time. One person, one decision, but maybe
he wasn't the only one doing that.

Oh, and the last time I ordered something from UDC, it took two extra
days because UPS kept putting it on the wrong truck. (Can we start
calling them UPD?)

--
sethg
sethg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11058

My complaint with FedEx is that it's a real pain to get them to change
delivery locations. Since most places will only ship to the billing
address on the card, and since I work a later shift that tends to
ensure that I'm *NEVER* able to sign for packages, having the first
slip arrive and then change the address to work is optimal for me.

FedEx only allows the shipper to do this, which can sometimes be a pain
depending on who you're purchasing from.

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148