upside down bike

Effi

Guest
anyone ever see one of these?

a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?

Mon, 9 Jun 2003 02:24:13 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>anyone ever see one of these?
>
>a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?

Tall bikes are fun to ride though dismounting is best planned well in advance.
--
zk

Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:02:49 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Mon, 9 Jun 2003 02:24:13 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >anyone ever see one of these?
>> >
>> >a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?
>> >

>> Tall bikes are fun to ride though dismounting is best planned well in advance.
>
>what???
>
>and miss making it into america's dumbest videos???

There's not that much to it but figuring it out on the fly is a process of trial and error. The
first tall-bike I rode, had no brakes. I figured that out after getting used to the handlebars
rotating in the stem. Now I usually check if it's got brakes before hopping on strange bikes.

http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/travels/vancouver/index.html.

That chopper workshop was being videotaped for something called "Weird Wheels". It was shot during
BikeSummer 2001. I never saw the segment, but if you ever see it, that's me pedalling a front
wheel drive
C.H.U.N.K.666 creation called "Humpty" a few feet off the bumper of the camera van. It's a tall
Dr.Seuss-like bed frame on 16" wheels with a coaster brake that sometimes worked. It was
quite easy to ride but you had to mount and dismount like and ordinary by using the foot
pegs welded to its frame.
--
zk

This web site used to have an article complete with pictures on how he built one of those plus how
he built one that was 12 feet tall. The site appears to be in transition and only has one page now
but you can still see the "really tall" tall bike.

http://www.atomiczombie.com/