upside down bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Effi, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Effi

    Effi Guest

    anyone ever see one of these?

    a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?

    Tags:

  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Mon, 9 Jun 2003 02:24:13 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >anyone ever see one of these?
    >
    >a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?

    Tall bikes are fun to ride though dismounting is best planned well in advance.
    --
    zk

  3. Daryl Lewis

    Daryl Lewis Guest

    When I was in grade school, about 40 years ago a couple of guys made them.

    "effi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > anyone ever see one of these?
    >
    > a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?

  4. Effi

    Effi Guest

    "Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Mon, 9 Jun 2003 02:24:13 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >anyone ever see one of these?
    > >
    > >a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?
    > >

    > Tall bikes are fun to ride though dismounting is best planned well in advance.
    > --
    > zk

    what???

    and miss making it into america's dumbest videos???

  5. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:02:49 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Zoot Katz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Mon, 9 Jun 2003 02:24:13 -0500, <[email protected]>, "effi" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >anyone ever see one of these?
    >> >
    >> >a regular bike turned upside down and made twice as tall?
    >> >

    >> Tall bikes are fun to ride though dismounting is best planned well in advance.
    >
    >what???
    >
    >and miss making it into america's dumbest videos???

    There's not that much to it but figuring it out on the fly is a process of trial and error. The
    first tall-bike I rode, had no brakes. I figured that out after getting used to the handlebars
    rotating in the stem. Now I usually check if it's got brakes before hopping on strange bikes.

    http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/travels/vancouver/index.html.

    That chopper workshop was being videotaped for something called "Weird Wheels". It was shot during
    BikeSummer 2001. I never saw the segment, but if you ever see it, that's me pedalling a front
    wheel drive
    C.H.U.N.K.666 creation called "Humpty" a few feet off the bumper of the camera van. It's a tall
    Dr.Seuss-like bed frame on 16" wheels with a coaster brake that sometimes worked. It was
    quite easy to ride but you had to mount and dismount like and ordinary by using the foot
    pegs welded to its frame.
    --
    zk

  6. This web site used to have an article complete with pictures on how he built one of those plus how
    he built one that was 12 feet tall. The site appears to be in transition and only has one page now
    but you can still see the "really tall" tall bike.

    http://www.atomiczombie.com/