URC and walking poles

Bernard

Guest
There is a Hill Walking thread over in uk.rec.cycling where walking poles are being discussed. It
looks like the thread was started by a Scottish student.

"Bernard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There is a Hill Walking thread over in uk.rec.cycling where walking
poles
> are being discussed. It looks like the thread was started by a
Scottish
> student.

Perhaps Pete Clinch will post them the entire content of his massively memorable poles
discussion/flame war from rec.backcountry a few years back? :) :) :)

Pray it doesn't bring the URCers here. There are some dangerous nutters there to start with, and
they will inevitably crosspost to uk.rec.scouting and uk.transport before the thread dies.

I find even lurking in URC is terrifying these days...
--
Mark South: Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net

>Pray it doesn't bring the URCers here. There are some dangerous nutters there to start with, and
>they will inevitably crosspost to uk.rec.scouting and uk.transport before the thread dies.

One of us is already here

Richard Webb

"RJ Webb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >Pray it doesn't bring the URCers here. There are some dangerous
nutters
> >there to start with, and they will inevitably crosspost to uk.rec.scouting and uk.transport
> >before the thread dies.
>
> One of us is already here

Neither you nor "marc" count as dangerous nutters. Nutters, probably! -- after all you seem to be
cyclists. Piloting an inherently unstable vehicle across dangerous terrain is not exactly the
preserve of the sane, is it now? :) :)

By "dangerous" I meant those willing and able to flood the entire group with their opinions on
everything under the sun and to do their level best to turn thread drift into thread thrash.

And crosspost to uk.transport to top it off. Now have you guessed which two charming induhviduals I
have in mind?

Strangely, I have never felt the need for walking poles on a bicycle, but have found them jolly
useful around mountains and bogs. They kill slugs more quietly than a shotgun too.

--
Mark South: Citizen of the World, Denizen of the Net

"Mark South" <[email protected]> wrote

> By "dangerous" I meant those willing and able to flood the entire group with their opinions on
> everything under the sun and to do their level best to turn thread drift into thread thrash.

As I said on there I think the sad thing about URC is that several people are just there for the
purpose of arguing and are willing to shout loudly about stuff they know nothing about regardless of
whether or not they've got their facts right. I've certainly developed a mental note of several
people who's opinions I wouldn't trust on anything.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] spam.co.uk says...
> several people are just there for the purpose of arguing and are willing to shout loudly about
> stuff they know nothing about regardless of whether or not they've got their facts right. I've
> certainly developed a mental note of several people who's opinions I wouldn't trust on anything.

Doesn't that apply to every NG , including this one?

>And crosspost to uk.transport to top it off. Now have you guessed which two charming induhviduals I
>have in mind?

Yes.. you make a very good point...

Mind after dipping into the Embra airport group, I find urc quite sane...

Meanwhile here remains an oasis of sanity, even if I have fed one troll to often recently , you know
who I mean ...

Richard Webb