URGENT: Smart travel choices for South East Queensland

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  3. As a member of the Bicycle Queensland, I received the Smart Travel Choices
    booklet from Queensland Transport.

    It arrived yesterday. The day before the cut off.

    The covering letter was dated 17th February 2004, the envelope was
    postmarked 24th and stamped on the envelope flap with Queensland Transport.

    I appreciate being asked for comment, but this is pretty pathetic.

    Michael Lanchester

  4. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-02-27, Michael Lanchester (aka Bruce)
    > It arrived yesterday. The day before the cut off.
    >
    > The covering letter was dated 17th February 2004, the envelope was
    > postmarked 24th and stamped on the envelope flap with Queensland Transport.

    Damn! 2 years in the system!

    --
    TimC
    If I sit here and stare at nothing long enough, people might think

  5. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Michael Lanchester wrote:

    > As a member of the Bicycle Queensland, I received the Smart Travel Choices
    > booklet from Queensland Transport.
    >
    > It arrived yesterday. The day before the cut off.
    >
    > The covering letter was dated 17th February 2004, the envelope was
    > postmarked 24th and stamped on the envelope flap with Queensland Transport.
    >
    > I appreciate being asked for comment, but this is pretty pathetic.

    > Michael Lanchester

    An update on that...

    The online surveys seem to be open (at least some of them) until 31
    March now.

    Tam

  6. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    I posted a link to this very survey months and months ago - I would tend to think that anyone in Brisbane (and on this list) who is yet to respond is a fool.

    Lotte

  7. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    LotteBum wrote:

    > I posted a link to this very survey months and months ago - I would tend
    > to think that anyone in Brisbane (and on this list) who is yet to
    > respond is a fool.
    >
    > Lotte
    >
    > --
    > LotteBum

    Although I have to wonder whether they actually want our feedback, given
    how poorly publicised it was, and how slow they were to get the hard
    copies out.

    Tam

  8. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > Michael Lanchester wrote:
    >>
    >> As a member of the Bicycle Queensland, I received the Smart Travel
    >> Choices booklet from Queensland Transport.
    >>
    >> It arrived yesterday. The day before the cut off.
    >>
    >> The covering letter was dated 17th February 2004, the envelope was
    >> postmarked 24th and stamped on the envelope flap with Queensland
    >> Transport.

    > An update on that...
    >
    > The online surveys seem to be open (at least some of them) until 31
    > March now.

    Sounds like it was open for a very long time if it was dated 2004. Pity it
    took two years for Auspost to deliver.

    Theo

  9. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Theo Bekkers wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > Michael Lanchester wrote:
    > >>
    > >> As a member of the Bicycle Queensland, I received the Smart Travel
    > >> Choices booklet from Queensland Transport.
    > >>
    > >> It arrived yesterday. The day before the cut off.
    > >>
    > >> The covering letter was dated 17th February 2004, the envelope was
    > >> postmarked 24th and stamped on the envelope flap with Queensland
    > >> Transport.

    > > An update on that...
    > >
    > > The online surveys seem to be open (at least some of them) until 31
    > > March now.

    > Sounds like it was open for a very long time if it was dated 2004. Pity it
    > took two years for Auspost to deliver.
    >
    > Theo

    And two years for the copies to get handed out on campus? Methinks
    there's more to it, some incompetency higher up the chain.

    I mean, I had completely forgotten about it - didn't do the survey when
    Lotte first mentioned it, because I don't have www access on this
    machine, and then it got swamped in my inbox amongst the other 400
    emails I get per day (uq spam filtering ain't so reliable - after losing
    some progress report requests I gave up).

    Tam

  10. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah you're right - I just checked and I responded to this ages ago. It also came up on the bikeqld list. I think quite a few of the submitted views came from there.

    Adam

  11. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Check out what one t0sser wrote:

    "Either ban bicycles from public roads/streets, or insist the riders complete a course like drivers, then gain a licence, and pay registration. Then they should have to use the same road rules as motorists. If they can't keep up at 60kph, get bthem off the streets. The idea of walking/cycling as an alternative to cars and public transport for commuting to and from work is idealist hogwash, and should be shelved."

    We are approximately 50 years behind the developed world. Or... maybe even more?

    Lotte (unstrayan)

  12. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    50 years ago, Australian cyclists probably enjoyed a higher status than they do presently. Our current problems partially stems from learned ignorance, media bullshit and unrealistic expectations portrayed by car advertising. Tra la la la la ... Toyota Hilux AUV - get fcuked or get outta the way

  13. Euan

    Euan Guest

    LotteBum <[email protected]> writes:

    > Check out what one t0sser wrote:
    >
    > "Either ban bicycles from public roads/streets, or insist the riders
    > complete a course like drivers, then gain a licence, and pay
    > registration. Then they should have to use the same road rules as
    > motorists. If they can't keep up at 60kph, get bthem off the streets.
    > The idea of walking/cycling as an alternative to cars and public
    > transport for commuting to and from work is idealist hogwash, and
    > should be shelved."

    Are you sure you didn't lift that from the Hun? Fortunately the people
    sifting through these comments have some semblance of an IQ so I'm
    fairly confident that the comment will get treated with the respect it
    deserves.

    Of course guvvament's let me down before....
    --
    Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,

  14. Euan wrote:

    > Of course guvvament's let me down before....

    Intelligence is not a criteria for selection as a politician by any
    political party.

    Nor was it ever a selection criteria for any public service job that
    I've seen. Nowadays, I suspect knowing the correct answers to the EEO,
    OH&S, Multiculturalism, etc questions would get you most jobs, technical
    or otherwise.

  15. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Terry Collins wrote:
    >Intelligence is not a criteria for selection as a politician by any political party.

    >Nor was it ever a selection criteria for any public service job that I've seen.

    Terry, you must be embittered by missing out on a few said jobs. I hope
    you get over it.

    Donga

  16. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Terry Collins wrote:
    > Rant

    Heavily off-topic Terry.

  17. Donga wrote:
    > Terry Collins wrote:
    >
    >>Rant

    > Heavily off-topic Terry.

    lol, you're right. I should have said jobs are like bicycles; some are
    shit, some are interesting but not good for long term or useful cycling
    (aka career) and some are challenging, which is what attracts me to a job.

    And interviews are like bicycle maintenance. some bicycles you will
    loving ly strip, restore and care for and other RIP OUT THE ANGLE
    GRINDER bbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrioioiooioioioioioioiommmmmmMMMM.

  18. Theo Bekkers wrote:

    > I take it you're currently unemployed Terry.

    Nope. I do occassionally do interviews to see what the company/dept is
    really like to work for.

    I'm a problem fixer and a change maker, but most jobs are just bundy
    puncher routines and lots of people like that sort of job I guess, as do
    their managers. I don't like bundy punching jobs.

    I find it curious that some people think that because one doesn't have a
    cap in hand attitude, one must be unemployed or have a chip, or some
    other problem, but then I guess that just tells you about the person.

    After you've taken a days leave, driven 100 kms and found out the job is
    nothing like they told you, you are entitled to a bit of fun. Even some
    of my existing bosses have roared with laughter over some of the
    questions asked.

    > Theo
    > Making warning notes to group supervisors re any resumes from a T Collins.

    lol, you have "group supervisors" .

    but seriously, I once did an interview at a company and a few weeks
    later found that they were tendering for a service elsewhere in the dept
    I then worked for and was able to discuss my impressions of the people
    I met from that company with some of the asppraisal crew, who then knew
    the questions to ask to evaluate them better.

  19. Donga

    Donga Guest

    Terry, we're trying to have a sensible discussion on a policy paper.
    Your employment issues are OT and don't belong here.

    Donga

  20. Donga wrote:
    > Terry, we're trying to have a sensible discussion on a policy paper.
    > Your employment issues are OT and don't belong here.

    lol

    Donga, donga, donga, then what you do is add to the treads that are on
    topic and ignore the threads that are off-topic IYO.

    Gee, must be a widespread Friday afternoon slowness day.
    Rock on 3:30pm 7 POET'S day.