US Cycling Athlete, LeDuc, Accepts Sanction For Anti-Doping Rule Violation

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
US Cycling Athlete, LeDuc, Accepts Sanction For Anti-Doping Rule Violation

USADA announced today that David LeDuc, of Willow Springs, N.C., an athlete in the sport of cycling, has tested positive for prohibited substances and accepted a two-year suspension for his anti-doping rule violation.

LeDuc, 62, tested positive for the presence of a steroid of exogenous origin, recombinant human erythropoietin (“rhEPO”) and amphetamine, a prohibited stimulant, as the result of an in-competition urine sample collected on September 6, 2013 at the Masters Road National Championships in Bend, Ore. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids, rhEPO, and amphetamines are all prohibited under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing and the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, both of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code (“Code”) and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.

LeDuc’s period of ineligibility began on December 24, 2013, the date he accepted the sanction. As a result of the violation, LeDuc has been disqualified from all competitive results achieved on and subsequent to September 6, 2013, including forfeiture of any medals, points, and prizes.

In an effort to aid athletes, as well as all support team members such as parents and coaches, in understanding the rules applicable to them, USADA provides comprehensive instruction on its website on the testing process and prohibited substances, how to obtain permission to use a necessary medication, and the risks and dangers of taking supplements as well as performance-enhancing and recreational drugs. In addition, the agency manages a drug reference hotline, Drug Reference Online (www.GlobalDRO.com), conducts educational sessions with National Governing Bodies and their athletes, and proactively distributes a multitude of educational materials, such as the Prohibited List, easy-reference wallet cards, periodic newsletters, and protocol and policy reference documentation.

USADA is responsible for the testing and results management process for athletes in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement, and is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs.

** Image by Mt. Memories Photography

I came here to post this information.

Dave used to kick my skinny ass. Every time we raced, he abused me like a cheap suit. Every time I raced down South or Dave traveled up my way, he just crushed us. I still remember his car's vanity license plate: CYCLISME

One post race conversation had him telling me about his fake 'job' as a roofer. He didn't have to do any work and was paid by a benefactor to train! It was hilarious! Dave was a 'Pro' amateur. He was THAT good.

Supposedly the amphetamines were for ADHD. A 62-year old with ADHD symptoms???

Frankly, I don't care if Dave used dope back then, now or does in the future. He was and is a great racer. I wish him the best of luck racing in the future.

From the CN article about Dave:

Don't expect LeDuc to give up the sport, as another local master's champion Pete Cannell did after being banned for doping. Although he will be closing in on 65 when he can return to racing, LeDuc plans to come back from his ban, and will still be training.
"I'd have to be put in a rubber room if I couldn't ride my bike," he said.

Dave, doing what Dave does best...killing it. The guy genuinely loves to ride and race. I totally believe his comment about being in a rubber room if he could not make a bike go fast.

The 'old man' at speed. Racing with a broken wrist? Yeah, I did that too! Got to love to race!

Photos courtesy of Weldon Weaver's website.

ADHD might be the least of the worries. Who, in this day and age, turns up to a national championship with all that "junk" in their system when they're in with a shot of at least a podium.

The questions in not, "Who shows up doped?", but rather, "Who shows up without it?".

Bob, WTF dude? LaDuc rapes you for decades and you're still a fan boy? I raced against LaDuc. **** that piece of ****. What kind of warped Stocholm syndrome victim mentality are you running? The guy heads to masters nats on everything in the medicine bag and you erect a fan page? Seek some professional help.

Having Dave kick my ass scores about a minus 50 on my Give-A-**** meter.

I was jealous he had a fake job...oh so pro!

Can I make that call for professional help now? I'ld like to call Dr. Ferrari. I'll be killin' it at Nats any year now!