US Cycling Teams sponsorship

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Stephen Niece, Mar 2, 2003.

  1. My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
    sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.

    Thanks, Stephen

    Tags:

  2. "Stephen Niece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
    > sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.
    >
    > Thanks, Stephen

    For some reason 1991 sticks in my head as the main year for the Skittles sponsorship, but it would
    be unlikely to have been a one year deal.

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    It was short though, 2 or 3 years at most.

    > "Stephen Niece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
    > > sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Stephen
    > >

    > For some reason 1991 sticks in my head as the main year for the Skittles sponsorship, but it would
    > be unlikely to have been a one year deal.

  4. I remember Armstrong and Hincapie riding the 1992 Tour DuPont with the Skittles jersey