US Cycling Teams sponsorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephen Niece

My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.

Thanks, Stephen

"Stephen Niece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
> sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.
>
> Thanks, Stephen
>

For some reason 1991 sticks in my head as the main year for the Skittles sponsorship, but it would
be unlikely to have been a one year deal.

It was short though, 2 or 3 years at most.

"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> "Stephen Niece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
> > sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.
> >
> > Thanks, Stephen
> >
>
> For some reason 1991 sticks in my head as the main year for the Skittles sponsorship, but it would
> be unlikely to have been a one year deal.

I remember Armstrong and Hincapie riding the 1992 Tour DuPont with the Skittles jersey

"Stephen Niece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> My memory is a little fuzzy on this one, can anyone tell me what year the US Cycling team was
> sponsored by Skittles? I'm thinking early 90's, but can't seem to find anything to confirm that.
>
> Thanks, Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.