US Drops to 6th in Nations Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerry

http://www.uci.ch/english/cyclo_cross/rankings/rankings_2002_03/index.htm

Well, at least we had the benefit of the higher points scale for nationals (the US got the higher
points scale for being a top 5 country, verses 6-10 last year).

I am surprised France passed us back, as they have not had that many results in the last two weeks
that I saw, including the world cup.

I wonder how the UCI will deal with the points for France if they are still 5th when the regular
National Championship date rolls around in January? 6 countries could get top 5 ranked nationals!

Anyone an expert on UCI rulings?

But I forgot, no one cares about cyclocross...

J

A UCI nation ranking is established at the beginning of the cyclo-cross season. This ranking is used
for the entire season. Hence, even though we were actually 5th nation at the time of our US
nationals, we received UCI point totals for nations ranked 6-10 because we were 7th at the start of
the season.

out, geoff proctor

"jerry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.uci.ch/english/cyclo_cross/rankings/rankings_2002_03/index.htm
>
> Well, at least we had the benefit of the higher points scale for nationals (the US got the higher
> points scale for being a top 5 country, verses 6-10 last year).
>
> I am surprised France passed us back, as they have not had that many results in the last two weeks
> that I saw, including the world cup.
>
> I wonder how the UCI will deal with the points for France if they are still 5th when the regular
> National Championship date rolls around in January? 6 countries could get top 5 ranked nationals!
>
> Anyone an expert on UCI rulings?
>
> But I forgot, no one cares about cyclocross...
>
> J

I care Jerry, ......rock on JP..rock on!

Danny Callen

[email protected] (CrossSportif) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> A UCI nation ranking is established at the beginning of the cyclo-cross season. This ranking is
> used for the entire season. Hence, even though we were actually 5th nation at the time of our US
> nationals, we received UCI point totals for nations ranked 6-10 because we were 7th at the start
> of the season.
>
> out, geoff proctor

really?

by my math, JP got 100 points for his win.

i don't have an official track of his points, but i think i have an accurate picture of his points.

I am very interested to know what the deal is. The UCI webpage contact links never seem to get
responses (surprise) and I assume the fed's are clued out.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.