US: Military Commissary Better Than Supermarket

Tank wrote:

> Sales tax on food items? What state do you live in? In Ohio, there is no sales tax on food items,
> in general. This excludes prepared, ready to eat foods, and carbonated beverages.

Oh, but you see.. not everyone lives in Ohio. Amazingly enough, states often do things unlike other
states. Hard to imagine, I know. :/ Goomba

"Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tank wrote:
>

> > Sales tax on food items? What state do you live in? In Ohio, there is no sales tax on food
> > items, in general. This excludes prepared, ready to eat foods, and carbonated beverages.
>
> Oh, but you see.. not everyone lives in Ohio. Amazingly enough, states often do things unlike
> other states. Hard to imagine, I know. :/ Goomba

Kentucky and California (the two states that I have lived in) are both like Ohio. No tax on food,
unless already prepared or soda.