Road Cycling · Public discussion

US National Champs, then & now

Started by Bob Schwartz · · Last activity · 2 posts · 515 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
10 August 2003
Last activity
11 August 2003
Original author
Bob Schwartz
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
515
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OK, so I took another look at the number of championship I had for 1980 and downloaded results from
    veloresults.com for all of 2002. I think this is correct or at least close.

    Road 1980 2002 Senior 10 15 Junior 9 24 Master 12 83 Collegiate 0 19 Disabled 0 12 Military 0 2 --
    --- 31 155

    Track Senior 13 23 Junior 6 24 Master 0 71 Collegiate 0 24 Disabled 0 6 -- --- 19 148

    Cyclocross Senior 1 3 Junior 0 3 Master 0 10 Collegiate 0 2 -- -- 1 18

    Grand Total 51 321 GT w/o Masters 42 156

    Assumptions: The younger Junior categories are only awarded the omnium jersey and that jerseys are
    not awarded for the component events. Also, the sighted captain is not awarded a jersey in the USABA
    races. I'm not certain about either of those.

    There is some variability in that not all masters events draw entrants and it is possible for >
    4 jerseys to be awarded in the team pursuit. Also, it is possible to win a collegiate TTT with
    < 4 riders.

    I counted Elite/Espoir/Pro all under Senior.

    What I Would Do If I Were In Charge:

    - Award Masters jerseys on an Omnium/BAR basis.
    - If people just want to do the TT they can do the TT. If they win they can get a medal. But no
    jersey, you have to win the BAR to get a jersey.
    - [censored] all tandem events.
    - 30 year old people racing as masters is a bad joke. Masters should start at 40.
    - A single division in the Collegiate nationals.
    - Fire Bob Roll. If he were still racing *he* would be the ugliest guy in the peloton.
    - Pay Kirsten to wear a lot less clothing. Then you guys would stop your [censored], that's for sure.
    If OLN did that and had her do a segment on George's podium girl it'd top the ratings.
    - Military championships? Wtf?
    - They can keep giving out medals like candy. Medals do not have the meaning that jerseys do.

    Bob Schwartz [email hidden]

  2. Bob Schwartz said:


    OK, so I took another look at the number of championship I had for 1980 and downloaded... <snip
    something that could be important but I have no idea> ... it is possible to win a collegiate
    TTT with
    < 4riders.

    I counted Elite/Espoir/Pro all under Senior.

    You just made my brain hurt.

    Quoted message said:

    What I Would Do If I Were In Charge:

    You have to convince me....

    Quoted message said:

    - Award Masters jerseys on an Omnium/BAR basis.
    - If people just want to do the TT they can do the TT. If they win they can get a medal. But no
    jersey, you have to win the BAR to get a jersey.

    You guys can award as many or as little as makes you happy. If you're happy I'm happy (but not gay).
    You don't get my vote or lose it for this one.

    Quoted message said:

    - [censored] all tandem events.

    Can we purge the entire history of it too?

    Quoted message said:

    - 30 year old people racing as masters is a bad joke. Masters should start at 40.
    - A single division in the Collegiate nationals.
    - Fire Bob Roll. If he were still racing *he* would be the ugliest guy in the peloton.

    Now I'm interested....considering the candidate...

    Quoted message said:

    - Pay Kirsten to wear a lot less clothing. Then you guys would stop your [censored], that's
    for sure.

    Dude, you are in. Done. I never understood why people complained about a hot sultry announcer broad
    who at least pretended to drool over bike racers.

    Quoted message said:

    If OLN did that and had her do a segment on George's podium girl it'd top the ratings.
    - Military championships? Wtf?
    - They can keep giving out medals like candy. Medals do not have the meaning that jerseys do.

    What did you just say? Never mind. That one matters little to me.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.