US Panasonic - Shimano team early 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Evan Evans

Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange & white
Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse spelling) were
key members.

On 26 Oct 2003 09:20:37 -0800, [email protected] (Evan Evans) wrote:

>Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
>1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange & white
>Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse spelling) were
>key members.

Bruce Donaghy I think. I think it was Stowe-Shimano, or perhaps that was an evolution or predessor
of the team. Dave Grylls (sp) was on it too I think.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 26 Oct 2003 09:20:37 -0800, [email protected] (Evan Evans) wrote:
>
> >Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
> >1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange &
> >white Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse
> >spelling) were key members.
>
> Bruce Donaghy I think. I think it was Stowe-Shimano, or perhaps that was an evolution or predessor
> of the team. Dave Grylls (sp) was on it too I think.

Did Danny Clark (of track racing fame) Race in the US?

>
> JT
>
> *******************************************
> NB: reply-to address is munged
>
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com
> *******************************************

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On 26 Oct 2003 09:20:37 -0800, [email protected] (Evan Evans) wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone remember the Panasonic - Shimano team that did the US criterium circuit in about
> > >1981-1982 ? I'm looking for any info on the team. Also pictures. They road metallic orange &
> > >white Panasonic bicycles with Dura Ace EX parts. Danny Clark ,Bruce Donague (please excuse
> > >spelling) were key members.
> >
> > Bruce Donaghy I think. I think it was Stowe-Shimano, or perhaps that was an evolution or
> > predessor of the team. Dave Grylls (sp) was on it too I think.
>
>
> Did Danny Clark (of track racing fame) Race in the US?
>
Yes , Danny Clark did race in the US for this team. These guys came to my home town of
Gainesville,Ga. in 1981-82 sparking my interest in cycling.

"Evan Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> Yes , Danny Clark did race in the US for this team. These guys came to my home town of
> Gainesville,Ga. in 1981-82 sparking my interest in cycling.

IIRC, Chris Carmichael and David Ware both rode for them as well.

"Evan Evans" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> Yes , Danny Clark did race in the US for this team. These guys came to my home town of
> Gainesville,Ga. in 1981-82 sparking my interest in cycling.

I think Danny Clark was Rider of the Year at T-town one year.

I believe the team roster was Clark, Donaghy, Walton, Pearson, and Jackson. I had to put new rear
triangles on all the track frames because the dimensions were skewed and they were unuseable as they
were delivered from Panasonic. There's a photo here with them all lined up, rider's names on top
tubes, before the surgery was performed.

e-RICHIE

www.richardsachs.com

"richard sachs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I believe the team roster was Clark, Donaghy, Walton, Pearson, and Jackson. I had to put new rear
> triangles on all the track frames because the dimensions were skewed and they were unuseable as
> they were delivered from Panasonic. There's a photo here with them all lined up, rider's names on
> top tubes, before the surgery was performed.
>
> e-RICHIE
>
> www.richardsachs.com

That was cool! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.