US Postal wins despite blocking helo

K. J. Papai <[email protected]> wrote:
> Today's TTT -- a helicopter slows down the boys in blue:

>http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040707/capt.td-
>f12707071707.cycling_tour_de_france_tdf127.jpg

> Amazing, simply amazing.

I think you missed the live commentary?

"It's Absolutely amazing!" (Ligett) "I guess the race
marshals were serious about the handicaps" (Sherwin) "And I
think the marshals got the word from Leblanc to dry the
tarmac after Simoni did that glissade" (Ligett) "Tarman? I
thought that was the Michelin Mascot" (Trouthead) "Gum,
Gum, where's Gum" (Ronde Chimp) "You're my favorite
mistake" (Crow)

> -Ken

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote:

> Today's TTT -- a helicopter slows down the boys in blue:
>
> http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040707/capt.t-
> df12707071707.cycling _tour_de_france_tdf127.jpg
>
> Amazing, simply amazing.
>
> -Ken

Easy there, Ken. That chopper is pretty far ahead (note
that the umbrella just ahead of the riders is not being
disturbed), for one thing, and I'd be willing to bet it
(or one just like it) was in a similar position for at
least a few of the other teams, if not all of them. I
think your "Slows down the boys in blue" might be a
little premature.

Anyway, they won...

--
tanx, Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote:
>
> > Today's TTT -- a helicopter slows down the boys in blue:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040707/capt.tdf-
12707071707.cycling
> > _tour_de_france_tdf127.jpg
> >
> > Amazing, simply amazing.
> >
> > -Ken
>
> Easy there, Ken. That chopper is pretty far ahead (note
> that the umbrella just ahead of the riders is not being
> disturbed), for one thing, and I'd be willing to bet it
> (or one just like it) was in a similar position for at
> least a few of the other teams, if not all of them. I
think
> your "Slows down the boys in blue" might be a little
> premature.
>
> Anyway, they won...

And if that's the TV helocopter, they've been shooting some
amazing, even artistic, footage. With modern zoom lenses, I
don't think they need to be close enough to affect the
riders ... and I haven't heard any complaints ....

Bill