US Pro in Philadelphia

HellonWheels

Aug 1, 2003
Has anyone here gone to see it? My son wants to go next year, and its only maybe 30 mins from us....this yr it was on June 6th, is it always the same date or a diff one?

Dang... never heard of it, but im only 15 minutes away in south NJ

HellonWheels said:
Has anyone here gone to see it? My son wants to go next year, and its only maybe 30 mins from us....this yr it was on June 6th, is it always the same date or a diff one?

I've never been to it, but I would love to go see it. The date does change, I believe it is always the first week in June. The Wachovia Cycling Series,The Wachovia Invitational on Tuesday, The Wachovia Classic on Thursday, and The Wachovia Liberty Classic (Women's), and The Wachovia USPRO Championship on Sunday. Sooo... next year will be July 31st-June 5th I believe.

Jakebrake said:
I've never been to it, but I would love to go see it. The date does change, I believe it is always the first week in June. The Wachovia Cycling Series,The Wachovia Invitational on Tuesday, The Wachovia Classic on Thursday, and The Wachovia Liberty Classic (Women's), and The Wachovia USPRO Championship on Sunday. Sooo... next year will be July 31st-June 5th I believe.

I couldnt go this year because my kids school graduated on that Sunday! I'm hoping next summer I can manage the dates better.

Here is their website link:

http://www.procyclingtour.com

FINALLY, tommorrow we're going to the race for the first time! we live about 30 mins away, but we're going to go to the start rather than the Manayunk wall, its easier for us to get to.

In my opinion, the best places to watch the race are the feed zone/expo area adjacent to the Art Museum and Lemon Hill which is about 1/2 mile down Kelly Drive from the Art Museum. If you have a`bike, a quick visit to the Wall is worth it. However, Lemon Hill is definately the place to be for the last hour of the race.

HellonWheels said:
FINALLY, tommorrow we're going to the race for the first time! we live about 30 mins away, but we're going to go to the start rather than the Manayunk wall, its easier for us to get to.

Frigo's Luggage said:
In my opinion, the best places to watch the race are the feed zone/expo area adjacent to the Art Museum and Lemon Hill which is about 1/2 mile down Kelly Drive from the Art Museum. If you have a`bike, a quick visit to the Wall is worth it. However, Lemon Hill is definately the place to be for the last hour of the race.

Thanks for the tips, I used them today! I went to 22nd and the parkway, then to Lemon Hill from there. Everything worked out great, no problem finding a good seat, or a good cheering spot!

I took a lot of pics, once I get them developed I'll post them and link to it here.