US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tcomeau, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake

    By Paul Simao

    ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than they
    did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame, according
    to a federal study released on Thursday.

    The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion in
    the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.

    source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm

    This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory is sweet.

    TC

    Tags:

  2. "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake

    ------

    > By Paul Simao
    >
    > ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than they
    > did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame, according
    > to a federal study released on Thursday.
    >
    > The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    > repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion
    > in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.

    -------

    > source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    >
    > This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory
    > is sweet.
    >
    > TC

    Maybe you oughta write a book, or start a company that sells low-carb foods.

  3. The more correct summary of the article is that junk food is to blame for obesity.

    In article <[email protected]>, tcomeau wrote:
    > US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake
    >

    > By Paul Simao
    >
    > ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than they
    > did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame, according
    > to a federal study released on Thursday.
    >
    > The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    > repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion
    > in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.
    >

    > source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    >
    > This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory
    > is sweet.
    >
    > TC

  4. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    "George W. Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    > "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake

    > ------
    > >
    > > By Paul Simao
    > >
    > > ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than
    > > they did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame,
    > > according to a federal study released on Thursday.
    > >
    > > The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    > > repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion
    > > in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.

    > -------
    > >
    > > source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    > >
    > > This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory is
    > > sweet.
    > >
    > > TC
    >
    > Maybe you oughta write a book, or start a company that sells low-carb foods.

    My motivation is the good health of the masses. I don't need no stinkin' profits.

    TC

  5. "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "George W. Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    > > "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake

    > > ------
    > > >
    > > > By Paul Simao
    > > >
    > > > ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than
    > > > they did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame,
    > > > according to a federal study released on Thursday.
    > > >
    > > > The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes
    > > > amid repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an
    > > > explosion in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.

    > > -------
    > > >
    > > > source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    > > >
    > > > This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory is
    > > > sweet.
    > > >
    > > > TC
    > >
    > > Maybe you oughta write a book, or start a company that sells low-carb foods.
    >
    > My motivation is the good health of the masses. I don't need no stinkin'
    profits.

    > TC

    Still, you oughta get some kind of reward for bringing you health discovery to the masses.

    GWC

  6. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    "George W. Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Dn%[email protected]_s54>...
    > "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:b550f406.0402[email protected]...
    > > "George W. Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    > > > "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > ------

    > > > -------

    > > > Maybe you oughta write a book, or start a company that sells low-carb foods.
    > >
    > > My motivation is the good health of the masses. I don't need no stinkin'
    > profits.
    > >
    > > TC
    >
    > Still, you oughta get some kind of reward for bringing you health discovery to the masses.
    >
    > GWC

    My reward is knowing that people like you learn something and become better and healthier people.

    TC

  7. Moosh:)

    Moosh:) Guest

    On 5 Feb 2004 12:29:26 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:

    >US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake

    >By Paul Simao
    >
    >ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than they
    >did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame, according
    >to a federal study released on Thursday.
    >
    >The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    >repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion in
    >the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.
    >
    >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    >source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    >
    >This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory
    >is sweet.

    No, you've been saying that it's not the calories, and this clearly says it is. Doh! Amazing how you
    change your story to suit your facts.

    Moosh:)

  8. Moosh:)

    Moosh:) Guest

    On 6 Feb 2004 12:05:23 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:

    >"George W. Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    >> "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake
    >> >
    >> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> ------
    >> >
    >> > By Paul Simao
    >> >
    >> > ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than
    >> > they did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame,
    >> > according to a federal study released on Thursday.
    >> >
    >> > The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    >> > repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an
    >> > explosion in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.
    >> >
    >> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >> -------
    >> >
    >> > source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    >> >
    >> > This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory is
    >> > sweet.
    >> >
    >> > TC
    >>
    >> Maybe you oughta write a book, or start a company that sells low-carb foods.
    >
    >My motivation is the good health of the masses. I don't need no stinkin' profits.

    I shall post a transcript tomorrow of a talk about the problems of low carb dieting. Take note of
    what is regarded as "low carb".

    Moosh:)

  9. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    "Moosh:)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 6 Feb 2004 12:05:23 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:
    >
    > >"George W. Cherry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    > >> "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...

    > ------

    > -------

    > >> Maybe you oughta write a book, or start a company that sells low-carb foods.
    > >
    > >My motivation is the good health of the masses. I don't need no stinkin' profits.
    >
    > I shall post a transcript tomorrow of a talk about the problems of low carb dieting. Take note of
    > what is regarded as "low carb".
    >

    > Moosh:)

    What you regard as low-carb is irrelevant. What opponents and detractors of low-carb consider as low-
    carb is nonsense.

    TC

  10. "Moosh:)" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > No, you've been saying that it's not the calories, and this clearly says it is. Doh! Amazing how
    > you change your story to suit your facts.

    Nonetheless, the real issue is metabolism. I am one of those irritating people who can consume huge
    quantities of whatever is handy, foodwise, in any combination, without an increase in weight. For a
    time, I was struggling with arthritic inflammations and the onset of a modest "pot-belly",
    symptomatic of metabolic imbalance, and have since regained my former metabolism by supplementing my
    diet with key nutritional factors and ongoing detoxification. People who are pursuing a low-carb
    regemin would be wise to learn more about the integrated metabolic pathways that provide energy and
    protect us from illness before they make major dietary changes that might backfire if metal toxicity
    and malnutrition are factors in their health and weight problems:

    http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org/immunecf.htm

    http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org/vtlnutrn.htm

    --
    _o Kristofer Dale, _ \<,_ ragged individualist, _____( )/ ( )_____ statistic at large...

    p.s. Learn and live, http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org

  11. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    "Moosh:)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 5 Feb 2004 12:29:26 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:
    >
    > >US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake
    > >
    > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > >
    > >By Paul Simao
    > >
    > >ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than they
    > >did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame,
    > >according to a federal study released on Thursday.
    > >
    > >The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    > >repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion
    > >in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.
    > >
    > >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > >
    > >source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    > >
    > >This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory
    > >is sweet.
    >
    > No, you've been saying that it's not the calories, and this clearly says it is. Doh! Amazing how
    > you change your story to suit your facts.
    >
    > Moosh:)

    Was wondering how long it was going to take you to pick up on that. This still supports what I've
    been saying about carbs being the culprot and not "high-calorie" fats.

    TC

  12. tcomeau wrote:
    > "Moosh:)" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>On 5 Feb 2004 12:29:26 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:
    >>

    >>>US says carbs to blame for rising calorie intake
    >>>
    >>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>By Paul Simao
    >>>
    >>>ATLANTA, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Americans, especially women, are consuming far more calories than they
    >>>did three decades ago, and the increasingly dreaded carbohydrate food group is to blame,
    >>>according to a federal study released on Thursday.
    >>>
    >>>The finding, revealed in a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, comes amid
    >>>repeated government warnings of a growing obesity epidemic in the nation as well as an explosion
    >>>in the popularity of low-carbohydrate diets.
    >>>
    >>>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>source: http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N05372926.htm
    >>>
    >>>This pretty much vindicates what I've been saying in this ng for the last 3 years. Victory
    >>>is sweet.
    >>
    >>No, you've been saying that it's not the calories, and this clearly says it is. Doh! Amazing how
    >>you change your story to suit your facts.
    >>
    >>Moosh:)
    >
    > Was wondering how long it was going to take you to pick up on that. This still supports what I've
    > been saying about carbs being the culprot and not "high-calorie" fats.

    It only said carbs are the culprit because people are eating too many calories on high carb diets.
    Too many calories from any source will cause one to gain weight. Eat less, exercise more, save your
    money for things other than diet books.

    --Jeff

    --
    Ho, ho, ho, hee, hee, hee and a couple of ha, ha, has; That's how we pass the day away, in the merry
    old land of Oz.