USA Junior Track Rider sets new record

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dave H, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Dave H

    Dave H Guest

    From USA Cycling
    http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=1016

    Having had the pleasure to train and race with and against Mike (even though
    he kills me) for the last few years, it is great to see him accomplish this.
    The kid has sooo much farther to go. He now weighs in at 160# MAX and puts
    out 1800 watts peak power. He also has insane leg speed, easily cranking out
    sustained 180 rpm efforts. Recently at CO Springs he posted a 10.8 200TT
    riding an 81 inch gear. Congrats Mike

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. warren

    warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Dave H
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > From USA Cycling
    > http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=1016
    >
    > Having had the pleasure to train and race with and against Mike (even though
    > he kills me) for the last few years, it is great to see him accomplish this.
    > The kid has sooo much farther to go. He now weighs in at 160# MAX and puts
    > out 1800 watts peak power. He also has insane leg speed, easily cranking out
    > sustained 180 rpm efforts. Recently at CO Springs he posted a 10.8 200TT
    > riding an 81 inch gear. Congrats Mike

    Which means he can do match sprints in a smaller gear than anyone
    else-a big advantage sometimes. Scary fast kid.

    -WG

  3. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "Dave H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > From USA Cycling
    > http://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=1016
    >
    > Having had the pleasure to train and race with and against Mike (even

    though
    > he kills me) for the last few years, it is great to see him accomplish

    this.
    > The kid has sooo much farther to go. He now weighs in at 160# MAX and puts
    > out 1800 watts peak power.

    Or 24.8 W/kg, well up on the "power profiling" chart (see
    www.cyclingpeakssoftware/profile.html). However, that's assuming that his
    max power is 1) accurately measured, and 2) expressed over a 5 s interval.
    So any idea how this value was determined? If it's based on the Wingate test
    they do at the OTC, it might even be a slight underestimate.

    Andy Coggan