USA Sweep of the Podium in France???

Either of those outcomes would be great for American cycling, but with the likes of Basso, Ullrich, Vinokourov, Evans, and Valverde in the field, having two Americans on the podium would be an outstanding result.

RickF said:
Either of those outcomes would be great for American cycling, but with the likes of Basso, Ullrich, Vinokourov, Evans, and Valverde in the field, having two Americans on the podium would be an outstanding result.

Good Morning, I think you need to check cyclingnews.

RickF said:
Lets just say it got a little easier for them....

mydaughterchili said:
Lets just say it got a little easier for them....

Actually, everythings just turned to merde.

Wake me up in three weeks. :(

cfsmtb said:

Slightly runny merde, with corn in it.

This thing is prolly far from over.....that's the way it's looking, anyway.

BottleCage said:
Good Morning, I think you need to check cyclingnews.
I missed that. The latest I had seen was that the CAS said that the Tour organizers could not exclude Astana-Wurth from the race. With Basso out, now Julich has a shot at the podium along with the other three Americans. Still, Vinokourov, Evans, and Valverde are not going to cede the entire podium to the Americans. Sandy Casar has a shot at the podium, too. So there are four Americans and four non-Americans with a shot at the three podium positions. It will be an interesting race.

Maybe this is the chance for a lot of young guys... à la Valverde, Cunego, etc...

It is a very crappy day for the sport. :( :( :( :(

Yes! Lucky for the American cyclists their "doctors" didn't have their labs raided by authorities. They're medicated, juiced and ready to take the podium by storm. :eek:

Allez, allez... :(

meehs said:
Yes! Lucky for the American cyclists their "doctors" didn't have their labs raided by authorities. They're medicated, juiced and ready to take the podium by storm. :eek:

Yeah, that must be it. There are two lemming factions apparently, and one of 'em is the one that thinks that everyone is doping.

Society is in sore need of actual critical thinking skills. Mental laziness is epidemic.

alienator said:
Society is in sore need of actual critical thinking skills. Mental laziness is epidemic.

And your post proves it.

Edit: I guess I should elaborate a little. First of all, it's ridiculous to think that all of the varying opinions on the doping issue can simply be separated into two "factions". There are two opposite ends of the spectrum with opinions at every point along the scale in between. The two extremes being "there are only a few bad apples that dope" and "all of them are doping".

For the record, I don't think that every single rider in the peloton dopes. But I do think that it's way more prevelant than just the few riders that have been caught. In fact I would go as far as to say that there are more riders that do use PEDs than do not. I beleive that there are only a very few riding clean. Of course that's just my opinion.

If you're one of those that really, honestly beleives for instance that Vinokourov's entire team is doping and he's not, or that Lance Armstrong is capable of crushing a field full of proven dopers while riding clean, or even that any clean top-level athlete would be able to win a race over another top level athlete that's using performance boosters? Then, I'm sorry but you're the one that's guilty of "mental laziness" and lacking in "critical thinking skills". All you have to do is take-off the blinders and open your eyes. Perhaps you're the one that's in need of a mental enema!

I know I might be starting to sound like Flyer (yikes)! But it's becoming more and more obvious each time one of these scandals is revealed that doping is very widespread in the sport of professional cycling. For every one of these doping operations that they do ferret out there are probably two that remain covert. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

Here, here, I have to agree with you, as unsavory as that may be... I think you are 100% CORRECT. Looks like the original post may be right as they will be all thats left in the pelaton.

meehs said:
And your post proves it.

Your response only shows the wild suppositions and stupid assumptions that you make.

meehs said:
Edit: I guess I should elaborate a little. First of all, it's ridiculous to think that all of the varying opinions on the doping issue can simply be separated into two "factions". There are two opposite ends of the spectrum with opinions at every point along the scale in between. The two extremes being "there are only a few bad apples that dope" and "all of them are doping".

Granted.

meehs said:
For the record, I don't think that every single rider in the peloton dopes. But I do think that it's way more prevelant than just the few riders that have been caught. In fact I would go as far as to say that there are more riders that do use PEDs than do not. I beleive that there are only a very few riding clean. Of course that's just my opinion.

Remember that when you try to argue your point: you only have opinion and no fact. I am making no assumptions about the riders, the teams, and who is or isn't doping.

meehs said:
If you're one of those that really, honestly beleives for instance that Vinokourov's entire team is doping and he's not, or that Lance Armstrong is capable of crushing a field full of proven dopers while riding clean, or even that any clean top-level athlete would be able to win a race over another top level athlete that's using performance boosters? Then, I'm sorry but you're the one that's guilty of "mental laziness" and lacking in "critical thinking skills". All you have to do is take-off the blinders and open your eyes. Perhaps you're the one that's in need of a mental enema!

Ah, I see. Again you make assumptions that have no scientific basis. You make assumptions about human physiology and performance that you can't sustantiate. I've made no assumptions about Armstrong or any other rider, because there is no evidence to support any assumptions. Your assumptions are a lot like the assumptions of KKK members about black folk, conservatives about liberals, and so on.

meehs said:
I know I might be starting to sound like Flyer (yikes)! But it's becoming more and more obvious each time one of these scandals is revealed that doping is very widespread in the sport of professional cycling. For every one of these doping operations that they do ferret out there are probably two that remain covert. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

That may be, but wild assumptions and accusations do nothing. The doping riders and people that aid them aren't the only ones to blame. The entire system is broken. WADA/**** Pound have difficulty operating objectively and within their own guidelines. Testing procedures are less than definitive. Every claim made in a paper or book is assumed to be fact or indisputable evidence.

The only way to fix the system and put the brakes on doping is to have a system that operates objectively.

Let em' all race and then sling their sorry asses into jail. Dammit, I've been waiting all year for this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sadly, as with too many sports today, pro cycling is rotten to the core. Anyone who still thinks that most top riders are clean has an adolescent attachment to fairy tales. One top rider of a few years ago (I forgot his name) said, in an oft-repeated quote, that he didn't think it was possible to be world-class without some illegal help. I also recently finished an excellent book, "Rough Ride," by former TDF rider Paul Kimmage, in which he gives a vivid description of how widespread and deeply imbedded illegal drugs are. Interestingly enough, he writes that most of the domestiques take them too, not to help them win, but to help them finish.

I feel sorry for promising young pros who don't want to take drugs, but who quite rightly feel that they have little chance to prosper without taking them. Whatever purity still remains in sports, it probably resides among the amateur enthusiasts.

cfsmtb said:

A few Aussie's in there mate.... Like your Avatar :D

alienator said:
Slightly runny merde, with corn in it..
Gawd alienator ! Trying to eat here... :D (they need a "gonna puke" icon).

lw

meehs said:

Jealous eh!!! :p :p