USA today article

Tf

Guest
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance_x.htm

excerpt;

"Don't get me wrong. I'm an intelligent woman who is raising three children in two countries, speaks
three languages and has opinions on lots of things."

now get ready for your accelerated French lesson, ready? memorize the folgend

1) mais vous etez fou!/tu es fou!
2) c'est marrant/drole!
3) bonjour, oui, non
4) je sais pas
5) je comprends pas
6) ta gueule

et voila! now you know French too.

not that knowing the language of this 3rd world country is any indication of intelligence, but
claiming to know it, or saying stuff like "I am intelligent" etc. are definetly big danger signs.

might be one of the reasons for marital problems and might also be one of the reasons why the
guy seems to be getting energized by some unknown source. (nervous energy, he just knows
how/where to channel
it)

My guess is marriage has tops 2 years in it but should be good enuff for Lance to get 2 more
TdFs. if they stay together, I see Lance winning TdF indefinetly and actually getting faster as
time passes.

all mho and congrats to LA for a well deserved win.

"TF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance _x.htm

> excerpt;
>
> "Don't get me wrong. I'm an intelligent woman who is raising three children in two countries,
> speaks three languages and has opinions on lots of things."

<overanalysis snipped>

I wouldn't read too much into that - she's trying to avoid the image of Dumb Blonde when stating
that she's a girl's girl and doesn't have much of an opinion on sporting matters.

As for your predictions on the longevity of their marriage:

I don't think anyone anywhere can predict the marital status of someone else based upon some article
they wrote for USA Today without substantially talking out their ass. Even if someone exhibits total
egomania, instability or insecurity, you don't know if the other person in the marriage may actually
find those traits desirable. Interpersonal relationships are complicated and unique.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> writes:

> "TF" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2003-07-25-kristin-armstrong-on-lance _x.htm
> >
> > excerpt;
> >
> > "Don't get me wrong. I'm an intelligent woman who is raising three children in two countries,
> > speaks three languages and has opinions on lots of things."
>
> <overanalysis snipped>
>

> I wouldn't read too much into that - she's trying to avoid the image of Dumb Blonde when stating
> that she's a girl's girl and doesn't have much of an opinion on sporting matters.
>

> As for your predictions on the longevity of their marriage:
>
> I don't think anyone anywhere can predict the marital status of someone else based upon some
> article they wrote for USA Today without substantially talking out their ass. Even if someone
> exhibits total egomania, instability or insecurity, you don't know if the other person in the
> marriage may actually find those traits desirable. Interpersonal relationships are complicated
> and unique.

And I'm betting she is under the careful direction of a public relations firm, in preparation for
the publishing of her forthcoming book, _It Really Was About The Bike After All_.

-Gerard