Usain Bolt

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by Andrija, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Andrija

Andrija Member

9:58 with such ease...

Tags:

2. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Phenomenal.
    Second place ran 9.71secs!

He's a quick boy.

Fastest man ever.

3. Andrija

Andrija Member

And you know what's a shame? Other athletes didn't realise the greatness of the race... It could have been the first race in history with all starters under 10 seconds. But last three gave up... They left the show to Bolt, Gay and Powell (who wasn't really there, but was good for marketing).

4. tonyzackery

tonyzackery Well-Known Member

LOL! I guess your implication on Bolt's record isn't too obvious by sticking the thread in the Doping subsect...LOL!

5. Ulli5

Ulli5 New Member

I was totally stunned, wehn I saw the time of 9.58s on the clock. Never did I imagine that a human could run that fast. Now I am wondering, if he can beat his own WR in the 200m race. Last year I never believed he could beat Michael Johnsons record of 19.32, but he did. This record was supposed to last forever, but Bolt shortens the meaning of forever.

6. Andrija

Andrija Member

I could have put it in Soap Box also, but Doping appears to be wright choice (all other threads are cycling related) . With athletics' history, every result has to be questioned. Especially supernatural result like this. Have you noticed the difference in effort between Bolt and other athletes? While others are digging deep and hard, he looks like he's there for a afternoon walk. The result, ease with which he made it and difference between him and others, are making me wonder how it's achieved.

7. tonyzackery

Your anecdotal evidence of doping by Bolt (the outstanding WR performance(s) and the smoothness of his running style) are tenuous, at best. Bolt has ALWAYS been an outstanding performer since his days as a junior (set a world junior record IIRC). Further, everyone should know that improving/increasing economy/efficiency, be it in running (ala the Kenyans) or cycling (dare I say it - Lance Armstrong), is an excellent method for improving performance. The improvements in performance from a small percentage increase in efficient/economy have been demonstrated to be huge...

8. Andrija

Andrija Member

History of doping scandals in athletics isn't anecdotal. Big jump in world record (11 hundreds, biggest ever, and it's not from 10:50 to 10:40, it's from unbeatable 9:69 to to supernatural 9:58) throws suspicion over result. Bolt's outstanding performances throughout his career may be result of systematic doping just as much as his physical ability. Doping in athletics is present for (at least) 40 years, remember DDR athletes, Johnson, Gatlin, Montgomery, Marion Jones and some mysterious deaths of world class athletes in their late thirties, early forties... There are many confessions too. Nothing anecdotal.

P.S.
    Jamaican male and female sprinting teams remind me on DDR.

9. tonyzackery

It's ALL anecdotal becaue he (Bolt) hasn't tested positive. Consider that...

10. Andrija

Andrija Member

What about Riis, Zabel, Ulrich... They haven't been tested positive either.

11. tonyzackery

So what does that mean to the price of tea in China?
    Still presenting anecdotes to support your contention...I understand where you're coming from and where you're going, so further examples are unnecessary.

12. Andrija

Andrija Member

No examples.
    It doesn't mean anything to the price of tea in China, but it means a lot to strength of "no positives" argument. If you didn't see your wife cheating on you, it doesn't mean she didn't. If you close your eyes, the world you've been looking at before closing them doesn't disappear, it still exists.
    Returning negative results, doesn't mean an athlete didn't dope.
    This section of forum is called Doping, not Positive doping tests.

13. tonyzackery

LOL! I used that one a loooonnnngggg time ago, but in a much more appropriate manner. Anyway, you owe me royalties...LOL!

Obviously, you can't be married with your use of this analogy in that manner...If you are, it must be hell for your wife - what, with you accusing her of adultery without any solid evidence of such...Must suck to be your wife, if you have one...

Further, it must suck to be you and observe fascinating athletic performances while living in the world of "it looked too easy/the time was too fast - so he/she must be doping"...The world has enough cynics such that y'all don't need me.

Bolt may be doping; he probably isn't. I'm not going to say he is until there's actual evidence - not anecdotes...The term 'anecdotal evidence' is an oxymoron IMO.

There are people out there whose job it is to catch dopers. Bolt doesn't have the political power of an Armstrong, so if someone knows something they're not going to fear being ostracized by ratting him out.

I'm done.

14. Andrija

Andrija Member

Yes you are. You're well cooked.
    It must suck to be you. Having to believe in fake idols to feel worthy. In fact, it's not about fake idols, it's about need to identify with anything to feel worthy. You just can't be satisfied with what you are, so you find object of identification and then defend him as you're defending yourself (which in a way you really do). Idols are just ultimately good objects, God like.
    I still enjoy in observing fascinating athletic performances, but I have no illusions. Sometimes these performances are really too good to be true. And for me, experience with past fascinating performances and their epilogue is enough to suspect in every future supernatural performance.
    Maybe Bolt doesn't need political power of Armstrong, maybe sponsors and organization (sport) which he promotes can protect him. They sure have interest.

15. tonyzackery

All athletes clean from men's 100 metres at worlds - Sports - News1130 - ALL NEWS RADIO

More food for your thoughts...My God-like idol appears still to be clean. Still doesn't necessary mean that he is, but there's no dirt on him. Accept it for what it is - if you can.

It's been said 'where there's smoke, there's fire'. The sum of the matter is there is no smoke circling around Bolt, irrespective of your anecdotes, circumstances, cynicism, skepticism, disbelief, opinions, conjecture, innuendo, etc...

If/when you get some real dirt on Bolt, you'll have justification for your opinion(s). Until then you appear to be just an ordinary hater...well, "hater" is probably a little extreme...but anyway...

16. tonyzackery

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjHQZ2VNUyw"]YouTube - Usain Bolt 19.19 world record 200m Berlin 2009 HD (HQ)[/ame]

Now what ya' gonna say?!
    Everybody together now "He's gotta be doping..."

My God-like idol's simply amazing. Too good to be true? Not casting any aspersions until there's at least some evidence on him personally.
    LOL!

17. tonyzackery

IMO, the officials should check the Berlin track for being on the dope...that track is super fast.

Back in my heyday of track and field competition, we were feeling pampered when we competed on a synthetic rubber surface - regularly our meets were held on cinder tracks until the city and state meets. Nowadays the tracks return so much energy back to the runners the situation may be comparable to the world-class swimmers and their controversial buoyancy suits...maybe not so much, but approaching a similar standard...

18. bicycledick

bicycledick New Member

Running the easiest thing in the world to do. It's no big deal. I will say this a White guy will never win the 100 meter race. I don't know why they even get in the 100 meter race. I mean they finish at best 5th or 6th. They can't make the podium.

19. 11ring

11ring New Member

What are you on about. Running slow is the easiest thing to do, but what has this got to do with world record smashing times.

Are you trying to say that is not an astonishing result because he is black- because (in general) blacks find running 'easy' ?

20. bicycledick

bicycledick New Member

He could probably break records if all he did was run to the mailbox once a day.