usb to serial

Chipotle

Sep 8, 2005
I use an older laptop for my PT download to CP. I've been using the 9 pin serial port to connect the download cradle. That connection has, for some reason, failed. I have positively identified the serial as culprit. The laptop does have one usb port. Could I use a usb to serial cable to get up and running again? Would I need any computer savy beyond plug and play? (I'm a Mac guy and the PC is freakin' me out)

Chipotle said:
I use an older laptop for my PT download to CP. I've been using the 9 pin serial port to connect the download cradle. That connection has, for some reason, failed. I have positively identified the serial as culprit. The laptop does have one usb port. Could I use a usb to serial cable to get up and running again? Would I need any computer savy beyond plug and play? (I'm a Mac guy and the PC is freakin' me out)
Some serial to USB converters work with the PT download cradle, some don't I'm still on the old serial connection and don't want to give it up as the USB version seems painfully slow. See hints here:
http://midweekclub.ca/powerFAQ.htm

Chipotle said:
This is exactly what I am using-a usb to serial adapter cord. I had to DL a patch to use Power agent 5.0 if I recall-which was available for download from the Saris site. My latest computer has no serial ports.