USCF liscense question

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Travis44, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Travis44

Travis44 New Member

I'm getting started into racing this season and I had a question about USCF liscenses. I'll probably do a few races with the one day liscenses and I was wondering if, after I buy the official liscense, my results from the races with the one-day liscenses will be on my race results page for USCF. Will anyone (coaches, teams, etc.) be able to see my results from the races with one day liscenses, or will they start tracking my results after I buy the official liscense? Someone answer please.

Tags:

2. daveryanwyoming

daveryanwyoming Well-Known Member

Your results may or may not be listed but you won't get any state or national ranking points from your races with one day licenses. If you plan on getting an annual license then you should just break down and get one now. It'll save you money if you do more than a couple of races and you can start working towards your upgrade immediately.

I have a friend that did 5 races last season on day licenses. He got an annual this year and has gotten off to a good start but he's having a tough time tracking his previous results since most don't appear on the USAC website. Some appear with a 0 for his license number and his national and state ranking is really low compared to what he's actually accomplished.

FWIW, even with an annual license not all your results will appear on the USAC website. Some promoters just don't bother to submit race results. It doesn't matter in the long run, your district rep will generally have access to local race results for upgrade purposes. And there are very few teams or coaches that are going to be impressed by results from races you did with a one day license as they're typically cat 5 races.

Good luck,
    -Dave

3. Travis44

Travis44 New Member