Uscf Refuses To Uphold Hamilton Ban!

i have to say that i am a fan of Hamilton but this is yet another in a long list of American refusing to recognise international rules. Rules which also govern the USA.

disgraceful.

limerickman said:
I nearly feel off my chair when a collegue mailed me this : HAMILTON PARTICIPATED IN A USCF RACE ON 5TH MARCH 2006!

If you don't believe me - it's here
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2006/mar06/staziocrit1_06

Why have the USCF not taken action?

Why is that cheat allowed to race?
He's been banned by the UCI for doping - his ban is still operative.

Why hasn't the USCF taken action?
This is a disgrace.

MountainPro said:
i have to say that i am a fan of Hamilton but this is yet another in a long list of American refusing to recognise international rules. Rules which also govern the USA.

disgraceful.

Yep - it's a bloody farce.

This guy has been tried and convicted - and he's got to serve his sentence.

limerickman said:
I nearly feel off my chair when a collegue mailed me this : HAMILTON PARTICIPATED IN A USCF RACE ON 5TH MARCH 2006!

If you don't believe me - it's here
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2006/mar06/staziocrit1_06

Why have the USCF not taken action?

Why is that cheat allowed to race?
He's been banned by the UCI for doping - his ban is still operative.

Why hasn't the USCF taken action?
This is a disgrace.
The reasons Tyler Hamilton participated are:
1. It is not a USCF or UCI sanctioned event
2. It was a fundraising event sponsored by Tyler Hamilton to support multiple sclerosis research
3. There were no monatary prizes given to the participants

Check the facts before you jump to conclusions.
http://www.dbcevents.com/CRITERIUMS%20AT%20STAZIO.html

I have to admit I'm a big fan of Lim and Mtn but this is another case of their being a little too quick to play the "Arrogant Americans" card.

It was actually a fund raiser for... wait for it... "The Tyler Hamilton Foundation"... man, what cheek.

DiabloScott said:
I have to admit I'm a big fan of Lim and Mtn but this is another case of their being a little too quick to play the "Arrogant Americans" card.

It was actually a fund raiser for... wait for it... "The Tyler Hamilton Foundation"... man, what cheek.
But, but, but..............

He shouldn't even be near a bicycle, much less be allowed to sit on one and race it in his own fundraiser! The nerve of some Americans - when will we learn to play by the rules? :rolleyes:

Yup. Another case of Holier Than Thou hags that are unable to read or suffer from reading comprehension problems.

DiabloScott said:

They must be frustrated as most of us are with this weather. They need to get out on their bikes and go for long rides.

Did you get snow at your place with this last storm ? I read reports that Hwy 17 got a pretty good dusting.

Lw

lwedge said:
They must be frustrated as most of us are with this weather. They need to get out on their bikes and go for long rides.

Did you get snow at your place with this last storm ? I read reports that Hwy 17 got a pretty good dusting.

Lw

Snow down to 1800 feet on Diablo after that storm in the middle of Feb. They're saying down to 500 feet tomorrow morning. I'm bringing my camera!

look, we have blizzards forecast for this weekend, gimme a break...
:D
thats down to errr...zero feet. :(

lwedge said:

Lw

MountainPro said:
look, we have blizzards forecast for this weekend, gimme a break...
:D
thats down to errr...zero feet. :(
I know, the weather in SCO is pretty bad. We're getting dumped on with hail as I write this reply.

I just got back from the bike shop (bought some Teflon cables) the guys there said it's been very slow. I saw one of the guys nod out a little while reading VeloNews, but I broke up the monotony by trying to run out of the store with a Bianchi Giro.

Lw

It's about zero centrigade and windy in Aberdeen. It wants to sleet. Its wet anyway. :(

Some spring

RickF said:
The reasons Tyler Hamilton participated are:
1. It is not a USCF or UCI sanctioned event
2. It was a fundraising event sponsored by Tyler Hamilton to support multiple sclerosis research
3. There were no monatary prizes given to the participants

Check the facts before you jump to conclusions.
http://www.dbcevents.com/CRITERIUMS%20AT%20STAZIO.html

OK : Cyclingnews has amended their report : the initial post referred to the event being within the USCF.
My collegue contacted Cyclingnews to clarify the issue and Cyclingnews informed him that it was an error in their reporting.

Apologies.
Maybe I should have checked whether or not this event is a USCF
one.
I didn't - I just went with what Cyclingnews said at the time.

Sackcloth and ashes for me : as penance I will go cycling tomorrow without my leggings in the current 3 degrees celsius temps.
OK?

limerickman said:
as penance I will go cycling tomorrow without my leggings in the current 3 degrees celsius temps.
OK?

Nope - you must also post a new thread with the subject "Americans are a Right Good Lot of Affable Blokes" and send the Tyler Hamilton Foundation a few Bob.

DiabloScott said:
Nope - you must also post a new thread with the subject "Americans are a Right Good Lot of Affable Blokes" and send the Tyler Hamilton Foundation a few Bob.

Punishment should fit the crime!

DiabloScott said:
Snow down to 1800 feet on Diablo after that storm in the middle of Feb. They're saying down to 500 feet tomorrow morning. I'm bringing my camera!

Not quite as white as had been predicted but my mountain did get a good dusting:

nice pic there Scott,

you live in a great part of the world..

this shot was taken 15 mins ago...9:45am

i would say it is a few inches deep but waist deep in the drifts.

DiabloScott said:
Not quite as white as had been predicted but my mountain did get a good dusting: