Use Campagnolo 10 spd set-up on Shimano 10 spd hub

cabbagetom

Dec 7, 2009
Hello,

I have recently moved to Campagnolo 10 speed set-up and bought new wheels. Which is fantastic, except that I have a great old set of wheels with Shimano 10 speed hub. Is there any way of making the wheels run on the new set-up, but preferably so that these wheels are easily interchangable with my Campagnolo wheelset?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tom

cabbagetom said:
Hello,

I have recently moved to Campagnolo 10 speed set-up and bought new wheels. Which is fantastic, except that I have a great old set of wheels with Shimano 10 speed hub. Is there any way of making the wheels run on the new set-up, but preferably so that these wheels are easily interchangable with my Campagnolo wheelset?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tom

Wheels Manufacturing makes a 'Accelerator' cogset, a modified shimano 10s cogset that is spaced for Campagnolo. Best shifting of the lot, IMO.

Congratulations on going to Campagnolo.....

Peter@vecchios said:
Wheels Manufacturing makes a 'Accelerator' cogset, a modified shimano 10s cogset that is spaced for Campagnolo. Best shifting of the lot, IMO.
Well, they say "there is no free lunch" ...

To state something which is often over-looked, the left-right displacement of the freehub body on a SHIMANO-compatible wheel is different than the freehub body on a Campagnolo rear wheel ... aftermarket freehubs (e.g., MAVIC) may be the same ... so, you'll probably need to fiddle with the rear derailleur's HI-LO stops AND tweak the indexing.

BTW. If you don't NEED 10-gears, you may find that using/substituting a 9-speed Shimano cassette with your 10-speed Campagnolo shifters/derailleurs is more-than-acceptable ...

Again, you will need to adjust the stops & tweak the indexing, of course.

Peter@vecchios said:
Congratulations on going to Campagnolo.....
Amen.

American Classic also make a conversion cassette.

10 speed, Campag spacing and fits Shimano hubs.

I use a number of them and they work perfectly.

Much cheaper than the Wheels Mfg. cassettes.