Use MTB frame as basis for road bike a la Long/Low or XO?

"davidd86" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone know a particularly strong brand of non-anatomic bar? Deda
> 215s maybe? What do 'crossers use?

I used to use broad Profile Hammers, and I'm now using mainly ITM Super
Italia 260s. If you like the shape of the Dedas, I'd go for a sturdier
model than the light 215 - try a 250.

James Thomson

-snip-
>>Jeff Starr wrote:
>>>Hi, I have a set on my older road bike. I didn't install them, but
>>>they just go inline with the cable and housing. Appear to be
>>>reasonably easy to install. No y-connector is used.

>>-snip-

(am)>>It is not at all complex :

davidd86 wrote way up at the top:
> Hmmm, I just got back from an offroad (but not too too

rough) ride and I
> found a big problem with setting the bike up like this: I

bent my
> handlebars quite a bit.

-snip-
> Anyone know a particularly
> strong brand of non-anatomic bar?

Profile

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Booker C. Bense wrote:

>> Anyone know a particularly strong brand of non-anatomic bar?

> I like Salsa Bell Laps, but they are anatomic.

I once thought I didn't like anatomic bars. Then I tried the Salsa Bell
Lap. Those are da bomb. And they're sturdy 'cross bars to boot. Try them,
you might like them.

--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 Unregistered