used dorado sc?

Bruce Edge

Guest
Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?

This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.

-Bruce.

bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?
>
> This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.
>
> -Bruce.

the fork would be pretty hard to do any serious damage to, the outer legs are the only part that are
made from carbon the rest is machined alloy, the damper is guranteed for two years and TPC is the
best out there, no dodgy oil seals. Go for it! these are not some bog standard mass produced
Taiwanese fork.

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:05:14 +1000, David Bailey wrote:

> bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
>> Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?
>>
>> This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.
>>
>> -Bruce.
>
> the fork would be pretty hard to do any serious damage to, the outer legs are the only part that
> are made from carbon the rest is machined alloy, the damper is guranteed for two years and TPC is
> the best out there, no dodgy oil seals. Go for it! these are not some bog standard mass produced
> Taiwanese fork.

There's one up for $500. I'll have to take a closer look now. Thanks, Bruce

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:05:14 +1000, David Bailey wrote:

> bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
>> Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?
>>
>> This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.
>>
>> -Bruce.
>
> the fork would be pretty hard to do any serious damage to, the outer legs are the only part that
> are made from carbon the rest is machined alloy, the damper is guranteed for two years and TPC is
> the best out there, no dodgy oil seals. Go for it! these are not some bog standard mass produced
> Taiwanese fork.

What is so good about this fork that they can charge over $1000 for it? It doesn't have any travel
adjust, or lockout. Is this a slalom race fork only? I can't find much on it in the way of review
application usage. Would it be a bad for XC use?

Is it overkill for a joker that I plan on beating the **** out of?

-Bruce