used dorado sc?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruce Edge, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?

    This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.

    -Bruce.

    Tags:

  2. David Bailey

    David Bailey Guest

    bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?
    >
    > This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.
    >
    > -Bruce.

    the fork would be pretty hard to do any serious damage to, the outer legs are the only part that are
    made from carbon the rest is machined alloy, the damper is guranteed for two years and TPC is the
    best out there, no dodgy oil seals. Go for it! these are not some bog standard mass produced
    Taiwanese fork.

  3. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:05:14 +1000, David Bailey wrote:

    > bruce edge <[email protected].com> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    >> Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?
    >>
    >> This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.
    >>
    >> -Bruce.
    >
    > the fork would be pretty hard to do any serious damage to, the outer legs are the only part that
    > are made from carbon the rest is machined alloy, the damper is guranteed for two years and TPC is
    > the best out there, no dodgy oil seals. Go for it! these are not some bog standard mass produced
    > Taiwanese fork.

    There's one up for $500. I'll have to take a closer look now. Thanks, Bruce

  4. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:05:14 +1000, David Bailey wrote:

    > bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    >> Would it be totally stupid to buy a used carbon fork?
    >>
    >> This looks pretty nice, the retail price is a friggin joke, but there are some out there used.
    >>
    >> -Bruce.
    >
    > the fork would be pretty hard to do any serious damage to, the outer legs are the only part that
    > are made from carbon the rest is machined alloy, the damper is guranteed for two years and TPC is
    > the best out there, no dodgy oil seals. Go for it! these are not some bog standard mass produced
    > Taiwanese fork.

    What is so good about this fork that they can charge over $1000 for it? It doesn't have any travel
    adjust, or lockout. Is this a slalom race fork only? I can't find much on it in the way of review
    application usage. Would it be a bad for XC use?

    Is it overkill for a joker that I plan on beating the crap out of?

    -Bruce