used gary fisher?

ThatBiker

Aug 1, 2005
I'm considering buying a used 08 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo mtb. Everything is pretty much stock besides the tires. The chain and cassette has been replaced within the past six months and the bike has about 500 miles on it. The seller wants 700 for it. Is this a reasonable price for this used mountain bike?

Thanks
http://www.fisherbikes.com/bike/model/hoo-koo-e-koo

ThatBiker said:
I'm considering buying a used 08 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo mtb. Everything is pretty much stock besides the tires. The chain and cassette has been replaced within the past six months and the bike has about 500 miles on it. The seller wants 700 for it. Is this a reasonable price for this used mountain bike?
NO!

For a two year old bike that retailed for ~$750, I would think that $400 would be more-than-generous.

Actually, the bike retailed for about $1100. For a good used bike that is a couple of years old, I would normally say 1/2 retail or $550. Add in the low mileage, new chain/cassette, and I could possibly reason $600.

My main concern would be the condition of the front suspension fork.

Scotty_Dog said:
Actually, the bike retailed for about $1100. For a good used bike that is a couple of years old, I would normally say 1/2 retail or $550. Add in the low mileage, new chain/cassette, and I could possibly reason $600.

You may be correct about the retail price on the bike, but MTB REVIEWS suggests otherwise:

Scotty_Dog said:
Your link takes me to a page for bikes that are 1998 or older.
Sorry ... my bad!

I'll second that $600 price, then.

Scotty_Dog said:

Thanks for the responses guys. As for checking the front suspension fork, whats the best way to do that? Are there any other places on the bike I need to worry about for wear and tear?