Used Infinity

jasperrecumbent

Aug 26, 2006
I'm shopping for my first recumbent. My very limited budget has me looking at used bikes. I've test ridden a Vision swb uss and an Infinity lwb uss. I like the lwb. I found a very reasonable Infinity. I don't know the age but it probably has quite a few years on it. Does anyone know any reason why the Infinity would not be a good idea? I saw one on ebay the other day in very rough shape - the auction expired without any bids on it! The one I'm looking at is in pretty good condition. I've read about some problems with frame breaks and modifications that were made on more recent models. Thanks for your time.

Wow, I was totally overwelmed by all the responses! I must not have asked a question worth answering. Well, I bought the Infinity. If you don't already know it's a LWB USS with aluminum frame, 20 inch front, 27 inch rear wheels. Rode it for the first time yesterday. It rides well, but what do I know? It's my first 'bent. I noticed that I was going noticably faster and breathing a lot less harder than I do on my upright. It's great. Thanks for reading this even if you don't respond. See you on the next ride across Indiana or Hilly 100.