Useless sunglasses

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Harrow, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Harrow

Harrow New Member

My sunglasses are useless when cycling, because with my head down, I end up looking over the top of my sunglasses below the peak of my helmet, with the sun in my eyes.

Are there any sunglasses that cover this gap?

Thanks,
    Harrow.

Tags:

2. ajo

ajo New Member

Thats the problem with most sunglasses made for all-round use (and for some made for cycling).
    I have Briko cycling glasses that covers the gap 100%. My Adidas Gazelle is also 90% perfect when correct adjusted. (I tried Adidas Evil Eye, made for cycling - they didn't cover the gap.

3. Babbar

Babbar New Member

I, too, have Briko cycling glasses and have no problems with the sun peeking in over the top. They came with three different lenses for around $125. They have been worth every penny.

4. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Oakley M frames - pricey, but effective. Sun doesn't get in over the top, or around the sides. Lance sure looks good in them...

5. rabalter

rabalter New Member

I had the same problem and found the Rudy Project Ekynox worked very well. Also pricey, but they are very nice.

The Adidas Gazelles work very well too(very snug fit), and not as expensive.

6. Glasgow United

Glasgow United New Member

"Prorace" make good lenses that cover that gap and also have the handy function of interchangeable colours for different weather conditions.