User Names

Rocket^ said:
Given to me by my mother-in-law when she was still just girlfriends mom. Prior to my first visit, I had heard the numerous stories how she liked to rip the legs off young men on bicycle rides. She was a very good athelete in her day ( cross-country skiing, bicylcing, marathons etc) Upon hearing I was coming to visit, she insisted I bring my bicycle along.

During the ride I could tell she was testing me. Have you ever ridden with someone who just has to have at least half their bike in front of you? If you increase your speed to pull even, they pick up the tempo to pull back ahead. Well that was the case on this ride.

During the ride I told myself I wasn't going to attack a fifty something year old lady on a bike ride and I didn't. She attacked me on a one mile 7% - 9% climb. She went hard, and she went fast, and I sat dumbstruck. I think I even caught her looking back and sneering at me. I'm not sure but I might have seen a set of horns poking out of her helmet. All rational thoughts left my head and I pursued her attack. Once I caught her, I slowed momentarily to tell her would wait for her at the top. I then proceeded to ride away.

After that day, she has always referred to me as Rocket. I might not be fast, but at least I can trash good ole mom. :D

lol that's a cracking story you must be very proud

:cool: Origanic - because I am a natural, partial vegeterian who is a choosy eater and a try-to-be cook. However, I added the extra "i" in there because at the time I was trying to be original :rolleyes: ;)

ghost - my military callsign. Although I am no longer military, I am a teacher at Starbase-Atlantis where I teach 5th graders cool science stuff and we all (including students) go by callsigns

pedal - what I like to do

Hey, it was the best I could come up with at the time.

LindaNo1 said:
Easy really, my name is Linda and I am Number One!! :D

LOL Linda ...what is your bike? a pic?

Anyway, my name comes from the character's name in Rudy the movie. I got this name because years ago I started playing a computer game on the LAN with some friends and I was a newb. I was terrible at first but improved quickly and immensely just like the character in the movie. During this initiali beginning is when I also saw the movie "Rudy" for the first time....BTW I also love American footbal.

PMThor

I am a God Thor at night PM get it? Get it?
No really. PM, first and middle initial....Thor is the first four letter of the last name...unoriginal for sure.

PMThor said:
PMThor

I am a God Thor at night PM get it? Get it?
No really. PM, first and middle initial....Thor is the first four letter of the last name...unoriginal for sure.

I liked you PM God Of Thunder reference better! I was about to say, I'm one too! :D

Rudy said:
LOL Linda ...what is your bike? a pic?

Anyway, my name comes from the character's name in Rudy the movie. I got this name because years ago I started playing a computer game on the LAN with some friends and I was a newb. I was terrible at first but improved quickly and immensely just like the character in the movie. During this initiali beginning is when I also saw the movie "Rudy" for the first time....BTW I also love American footbal.
Oh yes, I see it was here!! OOps ... I cannot seem to get a pic of my bike on my personal profile for some reason - says the image is too large! If you are desperate to see it ... I could e.mail it or something. I specially went and took a pic last night with my camera phone as well!!

L

As a child I was abandoned and raised by a small group of dogs in Alaska.We had a great time playing in the snow and hunting but I eventually grew older and knew I had to find my place in civilzation with my own kind. I was not the best hunter but was very good at organizing the Thursday night howl-a-longs and pulling ticks from the other pack members.
I eventually made my way out of the wilderness and settled in Juno for a time.
And that is how I came up with my user name J= Juno and the Husky dogs.......yes that's exactly how it happen dogs and Alaska, yep, true story, every word,for sure,all factual.
Ah, go and believe what you want to believe then. I give up!

Just a shortened version of Missouri Recumbent Rider, a rare thing in these Ozark hills.

jhuskey said:
As a child I was abandoned and raised by a small group of dogs in Alaska.We had a great time playing in the snow and hunting but I eventually grew older and knew I had to find my place in civilzation with my own kind. I was not the best hunter but was very good at organizing the Thursday night howl-a-longs and pulling ticks from the other pack members.
I eventually made my way out of the wilderness and settled in Juno for a time.
And that is how I came up with my user name J= Juno and the Husky dogs.......yes that's exactly how it happen dogs and Alaska, yep, true story, every word,for sure,all factual.
Ah, go and believe what you want to believe then. I give up!
Hey jhuskey, do you have some beach front property in Wyoming that you would like to sell?

MoBentRdr said:
Hey jhuskey, do you have some beach front property in Wyoming that you would like to sell?

Actually I do have a nice "uphill waterfall" one of a kind. Cheap, Just add water and there you are.

hagus, the sheep intestine blood pudding stuffed scottish traditional dish was taken, or was it?

snyper0311 said:
how someone came up with their username. Well now I ask the question to all of you? How did you come up with your user name?

:D

MoBentRdr said:
Just a shortened version of Missouri Recumbent Rider, a rare thing in these Ozark hills.
glad you cleared that up...outside the US the word 'bent' is another word for homosexual

lyotard said:
hagus, the sheep intestine blood pudding stuffed scottish traditional dish was taken, or was it?
hagus?

its haggis. blood and brains stuffed inside a sheeps intestine...yum.

Stevedvg is comprised of my first name Steve and the initials of my last name which has more syllables than the first seven books of the old testament :D