User Names

roadhog. because as I imagine things in my head while riding, my tires are eating up the road like a hog.

Disclaimer: In reality, I'm probably not all that impressive on the bike. maybe roadanorexic or something would be more appropriate.

Chance3290,

The Chance part came for my service days. I was a recruiter...I was a very bad recruiter. I also had a partner who was an equally rotten recruiter. I was slim, he was 'heavy.' One day the area boss came in and asked our boss if we were going to make our mission (quota). Our Boss said "I think we have two chances, slim and fat." He then pointed to us and said. "Boss, meet Slim Chance and Fat Chance." I was a great soldier, just a lousy recruiter.
The 3290 is a number given at work. 3-third cell block, 2-second level, 90-Bunk 90.;)

My family started calling me slimer because every horizontal surface in my college apartment was sticky. 78 for the old bday.

snyper0311 said:
A question was asked in one of the other threads as to how someone came up with their username. Well now I ask the question to all of you? How did you come up with your user name?
The 1st part of mine is because I have been told on several occasions that I have eyes like a wolf..... The 2nd part is because I ride mainly fixed gear bicycles.......

cuervo said:
I say sorry because even I do my best, I know there is always a better way to say what I'm trying to express, a correct spelling for those words that I can’t write right, or those verbs in past-present-future …..

Your Spanish it's great!!! You have the all idea: WYSIWYG, or as you stated, say it as you see it. Where do you learn it, Spain?
Muchas gracias Senoir! It's really only holiday Spanish! I would love to learn it properly, but there are no classes for Espanol where I live! It is funny how English is so universal. I believe it is very hard to learn it. But I admire you and anyone else who does.

I am away on holiday for a little while now. Perhaps we can chat again in a week?

Adios!

I crash a lot when I'm mountain biking, so I cut the "iz" off my Specialized helemt stickers!

p38lightning said:
I've always loved the radical innovative design of the P38. Easily the best 2 engine fighter of WW2 (Sorry you Mosquito guys) it was also superb at photo recon, and ground attack. In the pacific theater it was the aircraft of the all time leading American ace, Richard I. Bong.(40 victories)
Incidently, Richard Bong was a Wisconsin native. There is a state park named for him (it was originally going to be an airbase). As you drive I-94 you will see a sign saying "Bong Recreational Area"- always cheers me up just a bit after a long drive.

Incidently, my username is my first name and last name put together Digi Bike:p

It was my military call sign and like yor number you never forget.

My name is Jimmy, and I live in West Texas.

I'm from East Texas though, and was born in Arkansas.

Jimmy is too long, so I abberviated it with Jim, which I don't go by, ever.

Frozen beer on a stick now that sounds interresting recon there could be a few quid in that one.

Brewcycle said:
I am a brewery engineer + cycle.

Or it could mean a nice frozen beer on a stick? mmm.. frozen beer

First initial and last name. One of a kind baby!!!

Most people all my life have called me by my last name anyway so I just use it.

Military in origin- I was a tanker in the Army, the groundpounders used to call us DATS- "Dumb A-s Tankers." With the M1 Tank, we became "Computerized Dumb A-s Tankers" or cdats.

The first forum I ever joined was for X-plane simulater and I dunno I just made it up Fast Flyer but that sounded like a kids toy.

I barely hardly use this Screen name any more.

Usually I use MtchOwen.

Mtch because Mitch Rapp is the greatest character in any book
Owen because Clive Owen is my favorite actor

StartTday is a reference to my favorite band and the title of one of their albums, "Start Today"

Start Today, so basically its a reminder to me to get up off my ass and not to give up.

Oh yeah the name of the band is Gorilla Biscuits.

i was put on the spot to create one by my ISP and trout was the first thing that popped into my head, I have no idea why.

over time it has morphed into troutie when trout wasn't available at other places and i liked this better.

I was apparently named after a Cheeseburger. Howver, I never actually got to meet said Cheeseburger.