Uses of Light Rum

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Aug 11, 2005.

  1. I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. I've
    tried rum balls, but they require dark rum IMHO.

    I'm not much of a mojito fan, so any good recommendations for use in
    cooking? I'd like to try to stay away from super sweet recipes. Uses
    as part of soups or sauces would be preferable.

    Jesse

    Tags:

  2. aem

    aem Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. [snip[

    May I ask why? I also have a bottle of light rum, but mine is waiting
    to be drunk. Usually with a squeeze of lime juice and a glass of Coca
    Cola. Why do you want to cook with yours? -aem

  3. sf

    sf Guest

    On 11 Aug 2005 15:51:31 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

    > I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. I've
    > tried rum balls, but they require dark rum IMHO.
    >
    > I'm not much of a mojito fan, so any good recommendations for use in
    > cooking? I'd like to try to stay away from super sweet recipes. Uses
    > as part of soups or sauces would be preferable.

    Christmas is just around the corner... spike your eggnog with it and
    make some rumballs.

  4. Sandi

    Sandi Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > I have a bottle of light rum waiting to be used for cooking. I've
    > tried rum balls, but they require dark rum IMHO.
    >
    > I'm not much of a mojito fan, so any good recommendations for use in
    > cooking? I'd like to try to stay away from super sweet recipes. Uses
    > as part of soups or sauces would be preferable.
    >
    > Jesse

    http://www.rumshop.net/recipes.html

    Recipes using rum in desserts, appetizers, main courses.

    Sandi

  5. Shaun aRe

    Shaun aRe Guest

    Drink.

    DRINK.

    D_R_I_N_K.

    *D*R*I*N*K*

    _*D*_*R*_*U*_*N*_*K*_

    I think I just found you when I lost an eye... I... even...

    Shaun aRe
    --
    The use of absolutes is never appropriate.

  6. Thanks all for the suggestions.

    I'm not much of a Coke and rum (or coke and whiskey) drinker. This
    particular hooch is nothing special (Trader Joe's $6.99 variety) and I
    would prefer to cook with it than let it sit. I have a feeling it will
    also be used for egg nog and whipped cream at Christmas time. I'll see
    if I can get through it.