Using 9spd chain rings with an 8spd chain

Status

Jason Spaceman

Guest
I need new chain rings for my Kona AA, but I can't seem to find 4-bolt 8 speed rings anywhere,
everything is 9 speed now. I found a shop that has some RaceFace 4-bolt 9 speed rings on sale, would
these work with an 8 speed chain and gear system? Has anyone tried this before? Will my front
derailleur still shift smoothly?

J. Spaceman

Jason Spaceman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I need new chain rings for my Kona AA, but I can't seem to find 4-bolt 8 speed rings anywhere,
> everything is 9 speed now. I found a shop that has some RaceFace 4-bolt 9 speed rings on sale,
> would these work with an 8 speed chain and gear system? Has anyone tried this before? Will my
> front derailleur still shift smoothly?

Yes - no worries.

Shaun aRe - BT, DT.

Status