Using Campy disc wheel (screw on) with Shimano 9 speed mech

DiscMan 94-2006

Feb 7, 2006
I have a Campy disc wheel (circa 1994) which uses a screw on ‘cluster’

The wheel has basically no dish (approx. the same width at rim as at hub).

I am looking for a way to use this wheel with my new bike which has Shimano Dura Ace 9 speed mech.

OK if I don’t have all 9 gears working – even 7 is OK (!) as long as I can use my Dura Ace 9 speed STI levers to change gear when I ride time trial’s. - Hell, I’d even be happy to have to adjust everything every time I swap from my standard road wheels and put the disc wheel on as long as I can use it.

Can anyone help me???

DiscMan 94-2006 said:
I have a Campy disc wheel (circa 1994) which uses a screw on ‘cluster’

The wheel has basically no dish (approx. the same width at rim as at hub).

I am looking for a way to use this wheel with my new bike which has Shimano Dura Ace 9 speed mech.

OK if I don’t have all 9 gears working – even 7 is OK (!) as long as I can use my Dura Ace 9 speed STI levers to change gear when I ride time trial’s. - Hell, I’d even be happy to have to adjust everything every time I swap from my standard road wheels and put the disc wheel on as long as I can use it.

Can anyone help me???

What is the hub width?

hd reynolds said:
What is the hub width?
I'm not sure about the exact hub width but I beleive it is the same as a 7 speed screw on Campag C-Record hub because the disc has a replacable axel and I was told the road axel it used was the same as a 7 speed C-Record. (The disc came with a road axle and track axel).