Using CS600 - cycling efficiency and Calories

vetsprint

May 21, 2007
I have recently purchased a polar CS600 with power, which is installed and working well. I would like to know if anyone knows if it is possible to view 'cycling efficiency index' in real-time whilst riding; this would be a great help in improving riding technique (i.e. so I can generate more power with less effort). I would also like to know if it is possible to view the calories for individual laps on the computer after the ride; this would let me know how much energy I have used to get up that hill, etc. It would be even better if I could also see how much energy my legs have pumped into the bike for that same lap (by calculating the work done from the power data). None of these features seem available and I know the data is there to calculate this info.

Cheers

I'm not sure about the cycling efficiency index, but I really would not assume it to be a useful parameter, anyway. Mine never changes much more than about 1%, and I'd guess that it's intimately related to the 'activity' settings in your personal profile.

If you take a 'lap' (by hitting the red button), you can view your average power for that lap, and I believe in the 'lap data' dialog box you can also see how many calories were burned (in ProTrainer 5), along with a bunch of other stuff.

You need to download the CS-600 'User Manual', since the manuals included in the box are pathetically useless for learning the features of the thing.