Using the phone while riding

Corzhens

May 26, 2015
You may not believe but I have been seeing riders on the road who are using their phone while moving. I wonder what those riders think of the situation, that it is safe to do that or are they just daredevils with their riding? I don't know if there is already a law against the use of phone while riding but there is a law against a vehicle driver to use the phone while in front of the steering wheel whether the car is on a traffic stop or not.

I actually agree with you and feel that there should be a law against cyclists using their phones, if there isn’t one already where I live. Riding a bike with one hand and being distracted is just asking for an accident. They’re going to end up either losing their balance and hurting themselves (which I don’t really care for, play stupid games, win stupid prizes) but what’s worse is they can cause a motorist trauma by not paying attention to the road and end up getting hit by them.

Whenever I get a call on my bike, I always pull over onto the sidewalk and take it there.

I think there definitely should be a law if there isn't yet since it's even more dangerous compared to cars since you basically can't answer it hands-free.