Using XTR 2003 hubs and Hope Mini brakes?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Digital Network, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I want to build some wheels with Shimano XTR 2003 hubs (the HB-M965 front and FH-M965 rear for
    disc brakes).

    But I want to use Hope Mini brakes. However, since Shimano have changed the hub rotor fixing for the
    XTR 2003 hubs, what should I do?

    If I fit a Shimano SM-RT96 rotor for the new rotor fixing - will this be compatible with
    hope brakes?

    Advice please.

    Cheers, Lee.
    Digital Networks United Kingdom www.dnuk.com Linux notebooks, workstations and servers.
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Digital Networks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to build some wheels with Shimano XTR 2003 hubs (the HB-M965 front
    and FH-M965
    > rear for disc brakes).

    Those suckers are expensive...

    > But I want to use Hope Mini brakes. However, since Shimano have changed
    the hub rotor
    > fixing for the XTR 2003 hubs, what should I do?

    Get different hubs?

    > If I fit a Shimano SM-RT96 rotor for the new rotor fixing - will this be
    compatible
    > with hope brakes?

    Contact Hope and ask if they're compatible...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to build some wheels with Shimano XTR 2003 hubs (the HB-M965 front and FH-M965 rear for
    > disc brakes).
    >
    > But I want to use Hope Mini brakes. However, since Shimano have changed the hub rotor fixing for
    > the XTR 2003 hubs, what should I do?
    >
    > If I fit a Shimano SM-RT96 rotor for the new rotor fixing - will this be compatible with
    > hope brakes?
    >
    > Advice please.
    >
    > Cheers, Lee.
    > Digital Networks United Kingdom www.dnuk.com Linux notebooks, workstations and servers.
    > [email protected]

    I haven't tried it but I doubt it given Shimanos history. Since the rotor comes with the caliper and
    not the hub you'll have to buy the Shimano brake anyway. If they do sell the rotor seperate expect
    it to be a ridiculous price.
    --