USPS and CSC vs. Jan

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by curt, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. curt

    curt Guest

    I guess USPS and CSC have made it clear that they want Basso to get second.
    Of course one of Jan's teammates is in the breakaway.

    Curt

    Tags:

  2. Chester Kuhn

    Chester Kuhn Guest

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I guess USPS and CSC have made it clear that they want Basso to get

    second.
    > Of course one of Jan's teammates is in the breakaway.
    >
    > Curt

    TMobile's tactics completely suck. Maybe I am wrong, but, from the coverage
    I have seen, Jan is always by himself...how the hell can he have a chance?
    He's probably in better form than Armstrong, but you'd never know it because
    the guy is always doing all his own work. USPS's tactics are 100 times
    better...and it shows...

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hmmmmm. How do you explain Lance a minute better than Jan on the
    mountain TT? Better form for Jan? Hmmmmmm. Gotta think about that a minute.

    Chester Kuhn wrote:
    > "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>I guess USPS and CSC have made it clear that they want Basso to get

    > second.
    >
    >>Of course one of Jan's teammates is in the breakaway.
    >>
    >>Curt
    >>

    > TMobile's tactics completely suck. Maybe I am wrong, but, from the coverage
    > I have seen, Jan is always by himself...how the hell can he have a chance?
    > He's probably in better form than Armstrong, but you'd never know it because
    > the guy is always doing all his own work. USPS's tactics are 100 times
    > better...and it shows...

  4. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    "Chester Kuhn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > He's probably in better form than Armstrong, but you'd never know it

    because
    > the guy is always doing all his own work.

    HA ... that's funny. I don't know what tour you're watching. Based on the
    one I'm watching, nobody in their right mind could say Jan is in better form
    than Lance. I'm sure you were just overstating your case, but you can
    really get torched for that here in rbr.

    Bob C.

  5. curt

    curt Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Chester Kuhn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > He's probably in better form than Armstrong, but you'd never know it

    > because
    > > the guy is always doing all his own work.

    > HA ... that's funny. I don't know what tour you're watching. Based on

    the
    > one I'm watching, nobody in their right mind could say Jan is in better

    form
    > than Lance. I'm sure you were just overstating your case, but you can
    > really get torched for that here in rbr.
    >
    > Bob C.

    Yes that is an overstatement. Lance is the strongest rider in the tour it
    seems, but Jan I feel is a pretty close second. I still feel Jan was not
    feeling that well the first couple of days. He looks so much better now and
    the tour certainly didn't get any easier.

    Will he take second over Basso? It doesn't look too likely with CSC and
    USPS working together.

    Curt

  6. "Chester Kuhn" <[email protected]> writes:
    > TMobile's tactics completely suck. Maybe I am wrong, but, from the coverage
    > I have seen, Jan is always by himself...how the hell can he have a chance?

    The guy with white jersey with the colours of german flag across the
    chest is also a teletubbie. Easy to mix with FDJ jerseys, I guess.

    But Ivanov and Turbo have been dissapointing, not to mention the
    guy-whose-namesake-paints-the-fat-ladies.

    MJ;

    --
    ..signature necesse est

  7. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Chester Kuhn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > TMobile's tactics completely suck. Maybe I am wrong, but, from the

    coverage
    > I have seen, Jan is always by himself...how the hell can he have a chance?
    > He's probably in better form than Armstrong, but you'd never know it

    because

    You are so delusonal. Maybe you're thinking about 1996 and 1997?
    Keep it up.

    We need krill to feed on around here.