USPS signs Coast Castaway

Brian Roth

Guest
from pezcycling:

"Manuel Beltrán, the ex-rider of the German ex-team Coast has been signed by US Postal for
this season.

The Anduluzian rider has been freed of his contract as he has not been paid. Triki is in good form
at the moment, as he finished third in the Vuelta a Aragon last week, behind Piepoli and Simoni."

"brian roth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> from pezcycling:
>

> "Manuel Beltrán, the ex-rider of the German ex-team Coast has been signed by US Postal for
> this season.
>
> The Anduluzian rider has been freed of his contract as he has not been paid. Triki is in good form
> at the moment, as he finished third in the Vuelta a Aragon last week, behind Piepoli and Simoni."

That man is very, very useful in the mountains.

From appearances, it seems like this is truly the end for Team Coast. What a mess.

>That man is very, very useful in the mountains.
>
>From appearances, it seems like this is truly the end for Team Coast. What a mess.

I agree ; a mess and a shame. Always sad to see a good team go... on the other hand ; very nicely
done by USPS - great addition to the line up!

- Chris - http://www.customgetaways.com Sport Vacations (Multisport, Cycling,
Marathons, etc...)

> > "Manuel Beltrán, the ex-rider of the German ex-team Coast has been signed by US Postal for this
> > season.
> >
> > The Anduluzian rider has been freed of his contract as he has not been paid. Triki is in good
> > form at the moment, as he finished third in the Vuelta a Aragon last week, behind Piepoli and
> > Simoni."

> That man is very, very useful in the mountains.

an excellent addition not only for Posties TdF team, but to help Heras take the Vuelta this year!
who do you think will be dropped off the Postal TdF Train to give him a berth? Landis????

> > > "Manuel Beltrán, the ex-rider of the German ex-team Coast has been signed by US Postal for
> > > this season.
> > >
> > > The Anduluzian rider has been freed of his contract as he has not been paid. Triki is in good
> > > form at the moment, as he finished third in the Vuelta a Aragon last week, behind Piepoli and
> > > Simoni."
>

> > That man is very, very useful in the mountains.
>
> an excellent addition not only for Posties TdF team, but to help Heras take the Vuelta this year!
> who do you think will be dropped off the Postal TdF Train to give him a berth? Landis????

Agreed - Beltran is an excellent addition, and I've been wondering about Floyd - how can he possibly
be in TdF shape in time? George too. I will be very surprised if either are on the final TdF roster.

"BC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> > > That man is very, very useful in the mountains.
> >
> > an excellent addition not only for Posties TdF team, but to help Heras take the Vuelta this
> > year! who do you think will be dropped off the Postal TdF Train to give him a berth? Landis????
>

> Agreed - Beltran is an excellent addition, and I've been wondering about Floyd - how can he
> possibly be in TdF shape in time? George too. I will be very surprised if either are on the final
> TdF roster.

Floyd's been riding well.

It's too soon to tell who is going to be left behind, but I'd bet they'll take Beltran. He's proven
himself many times in the big climbs.