USPS TdF Team

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tom Schulenburg, May 16, 2003.

  1. Time to start speculating.

    For sure: Armstrong Heras Rubiera Pena Hincapie (If healthy) Ekimov

    Rounding out the Field: Padrnos Landis Vande Velde Joachim Beltran

    Did I forget anyone? Hincapie and Landis are coming off illness / injury. Vande Velde may have rode
    well enough in the Vuelta to get another shot at the TdF. Which two stay home?

    -T

    Tags:

  2. Scott Venn

    Scott Venn Guest

    Tom Schulenburg wrote:

    >Time to start speculating.
    >
    >For sure: Armstrong Heras Rubiera Pena Hincapie (If healthy) Ekimov
    >
    >Rounding out the Field: Padrnos Landis Vande Velde Joachim Beltran
    >
    >Did I forget anyone? Hincapie and Landis are coming off illness / injury. Vande Velde may have rode
    >well enough in the Vuelta to get another shot at the TdF. Which two stay home?
    >
    >-T

    Landis is going to have to do some big things in the next little while to get on the team. It sound
    like he's not healing very well. Vande Velde has been having knee problems most of the spring so he
    also has a bit of work to do.

    Can they send 11 guys to the Tour? ;)

    Vande Velde

  3. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    "Tom Schulenburg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Time to start speculating.
    >
    > For sure: Armstrong Heras Rubiera Pena Hincapie (If healthy) Ekimov
    >
    > Rounding out the Field: Padrnos Landis Vande Velde Joachim Beltran
    >
    > Did I forget anyone? Hincapie and Landis are coming off illness / injury.

    I'd list Heras, Rubiera, and Beltran as locks for Armstrongs support.

    I'd predict Kjarrgarrd (sp), Padrnos, Joachim, Ekimov, and perhaps Landis as the final 5.

    I think Hincapie's health problems will prevent a start this year, but the rest might pay off next
    spring........