UST things and such

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by JayofMontreal, Jun 2, 2004.

  1. Though Mavic doesn't say so, the construction of the Speedcity wheel is very
    UST like, its a closed rim that has only a hole for the valve stem. No rim
    tape is needed.

    I know they are making 29" mountainbike wheels now, what I am wondering --
    is anyone making 29" tubeless tires???

    Experts where are you???

    ---

  2. Kinky Cowboy

    Kinky Cowboy Guest

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:19:59 -0400, "JayofMontreal"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Though Mavic doesn't say so, the construction of the Speedcity wheel is very
    >UST like, its a closed rim that has only a hole for the valve stem. No rim
    >tape is needed.
    >
    >I know they are making 29" mountainbike wheels now, what I am wondering --
    >is anyone making 29" tubeless tires???
    >
    >Experts where are you???

    I've seen a shop list Continental Top Touring 2000 700x37 tubeless,
    with a table they've obviuously pulled from the Conti site, but it
    doesn't seem to be listed on the current Conti site.

    Kinky Cowboy*

    *Batteries not included
    May contain traces of nuts
    Your milage may vary

  3. daveornee

    daveornee Guest

    Jayofmontreal wrote:
    > Though Mavic doesn't say so, the construction of the Speedcity wheel is
    > very UST like, its a closed rim that has only a hole for the valve stem.
    > No rim tape is needed.
    > I know they are making 29" mountainbike wheels now, what I am wondering
    > -- is anyone making 29" tubeless tires???
    > Experts where are you???
    > ---
    > (http://www.grisoft.com/http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.691 /
    > Virus Database: 452 - Release Date: 5/26/2004

    Try this site for some illumination on the "No Tubes" subject:

    <http://www.notubes.com/>

    Many of Mavic's rims on their proprietary wheelsets have the "rim
    tapeless" inner rim wall.

    --

  4. Kinky Cowboy

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Though Mavic doesn't say so, the construction of the Speedcity wheel is very
    >UST like, its a closed rim that has only a hole for the valve stem. No rim
    >tape is needed.
    >
    >I know they are making 29" mountainbike wheels now, what I am wondering --
    >is anyone making 29" tubeless tires???
    >
    >Experts where are you???

    I've seen a shop list Continental Top Touring 2000 700x37 tubeless,
    with a table they've obviuously pulled from the Conti site, but it
    doesn't seem to be listed on the current Conti site.

    There is also
    Hutchinson Acrobat 700x37 tubeless
    Hutchinson Globetrotter 700x37 tubeless

    Kinky Cowboy*