Uwharrie Woodrun Trail System Workday-Central NC

Tommy Taylor

Guest
The Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association, Uwharrie Wheelmen,
and the Pfeiffer Outdoor Programs are jointly sponsoring a
trail maintenance day on March 20 from 9-3. We plan to meet
at the Wood Run trailhead parking lot. The Wood Run
trailhead is located on NC 24/27 between Albemarle and Troy
and two miles east of bridges over Lake Tillery/Pee Dee
River. Bring your bike, gloves, water, a shovel, and lunch.
We will work on Supertree trail. On March 1, Leigh Marston
and Ian Garner of the US Department of Agriculture Forest
Service, Don Childrey and Tommy Taylor of the Uwharrie
Mountain Bike Association/Uwharrie Wheelmen, and Gifford Del
Grande of Yadkin Pee-Dee Lakes Project walked Supertree
trail to plan tasks for the workday. Pictures and details
are located at http://www.childrey.com/umba/index.html For
pictures, look at the "Gallery" link.

What about Skyrock? A preliminary archaeological study by
the USFS has been completed. The USFS is moving towards
approving trail construction. We hope to go to work on it as
soon as possible. Then we hope to move forward to complete
the planned trail system in the area.

"Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<J%[email protected]>...
> The Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association, Uwharrie Wheelmen,
> and the Pfeiffer Outdoor Programs are jointly sponsoring a
> trail maintenance day on March 20 from 9-3. We plan to
> meet at the Wood Run trailhead parking lot. The Wood Run
> trailhead is located on NC 24/27 between Albemarle and
> Troy and two miles east of bridges over Lake Tillery/Pee
> Dee River. Bring your bike, gloves, water, a shovel, and
> lunch. We will work on Supertree trail. On March 1, Leigh
> Marston and Ian Garner of the US Department of Agriculture
> Forest Service, Don Childrey and Tommy Taylor of the
> Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association/Uwharrie Wheelmen, and
> Gifford Del Grande of Yadkin Pee-Dee Lakes Project walked
> Supertree trail to plan tasks for the workday. Pictures
> and details are located at
> http://www.childrey.com/umba/index.html For pictures, look
> at the "Gallery" link.
>
> What about Skyrock? A preliminary archaeological study by
> the USFS has been completed. The USFS is moving towards
> approving trail construction. We hope to go to work on it
> as soon as possible. Then we hope to move forward to
> complete the planned trail system in the area.

I used to ride there all of the time '90-'95. Tell Brad Ziel
from Albermarle I said hey.

JD

> I used to ride there all of the time '90-'95. Tell Brad
> Ziel from Albermarle I said hey.
>
> JD
Wilco...I haven't seen him riding Woodrun Trail System
lately. I think he's still around though.