Uwharrie Woodrun Trail System Workday-Central NC

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tommy Taylor, Mar 8, 2004.

  1. Tommy Taylor

    Tommy Taylor Guest

    The Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association, Uwharrie Wheelmen,
    and the Pfeiffer Outdoor Programs are jointly sponsoring a
    trail maintenance day on March 20 from 9-3. We plan to meet
    at the Wood Run trailhead parking lot. The Wood Run
    trailhead is located on NC 24/27 between Albemarle and Troy
    and two miles east of bridges over Lake Tillery/Pee Dee
    River. Bring your bike, gloves, water, a shovel, and lunch.
    We will work on Supertree trail. On March 1, Leigh Marston
    and Ian Garner of the US Department of Agriculture Forest
    Service, Don Childrey and Tommy Taylor of the Uwharrie
    Mountain Bike Association/Uwharrie Wheelmen, and Gifford Del
    Grande of Yadkin Pee-Dee Lakes Project walked Supertree
    trail to plan tasks for the workday. Pictures and details
    are located at http://www.childrey.com/umba/index.html For
    pictures, look at the "Gallery" link.

    What about Skyrock? A preliminary archaeological study by
    the USFS has been completed. The USFS is moving towards
    approving trail construction. We hope to go to work on it as
    soon as possible. Then we hope to move forward to complete
    the planned trail system in the area.

    Tags:

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Tommy Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<J%[email protected]>...
    > The Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association, Uwharrie Wheelmen,
    > and the Pfeiffer Outdoor Programs are jointly sponsoring a
    > trail maintenance day on March 20 from 9-3. We plan to
    > meet at the Wood Run trailhead parking lot. The Wood Run
    > trailhead is located on NC 24/27 between Albemarle and
    > Troy and two miles east of bridges over Lake Tillery/Pee
    > Dee River. Bring your bike, gloves, water, a shovel, and
    > lunch. We will work on Supertree trail. On March 1, Leigh
    > Marston and Ian Garner of the US Department of Agriculture
    > Forest Service, Don Childrey and Tommy Taylor of the
    > Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association/Uwharrie Wheelmen, and
    > Gifford Del Grande of Yadkin Pee-Dee Lakes Project walked
    > Supertree trail to plan tasks for the workday. Pictures
    > and details are located at
    > http://www.childrey.com/umba/index.html For pictures, look
    > at the "Gallery" link.
    >
    > What about Skyrock? A preliminary archaeological study by
    > the USFS has been completed. The USFS is moving towards
    > approving trail construction. We hope to go to work on it
    > as soon as possible. Then we hope to move forward to
    > complete the planned trail system in the area.

    I used to ride there all of the time '90-'95. Tell Brad Ziel
    from Albermarle I said hey.

    JD

  3. Tommy Taylor

    Tommy Taylor Guest

    > I used to ride there all of the time '90-'95. Tell Brad
    > Ziel from Albermarle I said hey.
    >
    > JD
    Wilco...I haven't seen him riding Woodrun Trail System
    lately. I think he's still around though.