Uzzi SL - what size for me? (1.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Mar 25, 2003.

  1. Wondering about buying a 2nd hand frame but is a medium right for me?

    Thx

    Bruno

    Tags:

  2. Bruno says:

    >Wondering about buying a 2nd hand frame but is a medium right for me?

    We are going ot need a LOT more info to even think about how rudely to answer that one!

    ;-P

    Steve

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Wondering about buying a 2nd hand frame but is a medium right for me?
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > Bruno

    No you'd need a large. My friend had a medium and it didn't fit me. I'm 6' even. He recently sold it
    and bought a Bullit with a Progressive Shock and is much happier with the bike. Lighter, more travel
    and pedals great.

    Mike

  4. Stephen Baker wrote:
    > We are going ot need a LOT more info to even think about how rudely to answer that one!

    Not sure I follow but maybe I'm lacking in english skills being that it is my third language.

    I am 6ft½inch tall and I wonder if a medium size Uzzi SL frame is the right for me size wise that
    is. I'm a heavy dude (220+ pounds currently going down) but it's not so much frame strengths that I
    wonder about.

    Please tell me what info is needed.

    Thx

    Bruno

  5. Michael Dart wrote:
    > No you'd need a large. My friend had a medium and it didn't fit me. I'm 6' even. He recently sold
    > it and bought a Bullit with a Progressive Shock and is much happier with the bike. Lighter, more
    > travel and pedals great.

    OK, thx.

    Not the answer I hoped for but rather that than buying a bike that's to small even if it's
    a bargain.

    Kind regards

    Bruno

  6. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    > > No you'd need a large. My friend had a medium and it didn't fit me.
    I'm 6'
    > > even. He recently sold it and bought a Bullit with a Progressive Shock
    and
    > > is much happier with the bike. Lighter, more travel and pedals great.
    > >

    > OK, thx.
    >
    > Not the answer I hoped for but rather that than buying a bike that's to small even if it's a
    > bargain.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Bruno

    It maybe possible to buy a replacement large seat tower from Intense. I did this with my large Uzzi
    DH which I bought for a longer top tube, then bought a medium seat tower.

    Might be worth checking out if you can get a good deal.

    Steve E.

  7. Peter R .

    Peter R . Guest

    On 25 Mar 2003 12:31:42 GMT, [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote:

    >Bruno says:
    >
    >>Wondering about buying a 2nd hand frame but is a medium right for me?
    >
    >We are going ot need a LOT more info to even think about how rudely to answer that one!
    >
    >;-P
    >
    >Steve

    If your unqualified to determine your framesize you certainly don't need an Uzzi. Learn to
    walk first.

    Peter R.

  8. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Peter R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 25 Mar 2003 12:31:42 GMT, [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote:
    >
    > >Bruno says:
    > >
    > >>Wondering about buying a 2nd hand frame but is a medium right for me?
    > >
    > >We are going ot need a LOT more info to even think about how rudely to
    answer
    > >that one!
    > >
    > >;-P
    > >
    > >Steve
    >

    > If your unqualified to determine your framesize you certainly don't need an Uzzi. Learn to
    > walk first.
    >
    > Peter R.

    Give the guy a break. Don't trash him, educate him.

    Frame sizes differ from manufacter to manufacturer. Best thing to do is find an LBS with the same
    frame or something similar to get sized on. Maybe see if the person your getting the frame from will
    let you take a few laps before he strips it on the parts.

  9. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Peter R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On 25 Mar 2003 12:31:42 GMT, [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote:
    > >
    > > >Bruno says:

    > > >We are going ot need a LOT more info to even think about how rudely to
    > answer
    > > >that one!
    > > >
    > > >;-P
    > > >
    > > >Steve
    > >

    > > If your unqualified to determine your framesize you certainly don't need an Uzzi. Learn to walk
    > > first.
    > >
    > > Peter R.
    >
    > Give the guy a break. Don't trash him, educate him.
    >
    > Frame sizes differ from manufacter to manufacturer. Best thing to do is
    find
    > an LBS with the same frame or something similar to get sized on. Maybe see if the person your
    > getting the frame from will let you take a few laps before he strips it on the parts.

    Really! If I followed the guidelines on the Intense website I would've purchased a medium sized
    frame and been miserable on it. The folks I bought the bike from knew better and steered me to a
    large frame which fits me perfectly.

    Mike

  10. Peter R .

    Peter R . Guest

    On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:07:54 -0500, "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >>

    >> --
    >> http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Peter R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...

    >> answer

    >> > If your unqualified to determine your framesize you certainly don't need an Uzzi. Learn to walk
    >> > first.
    >> >
    >> > Peter R.
    >>
    >> Give the guy a break. Don't trash him, educate him.
    >>
    >> Frame sizes differ from manufacter to manufacturer. Best thing to do is
    >find
    >> an LBS with the same frame or something similar to get sized on. Maybe see if the person your
    >> getting the frame from will let you take a few laps before he strips it on the parts.
    >>

    >Really! If I followed the guidelines on the Intense website I would've purchased a medium sized
    >frame and been miserable on it. The folks I bought the bike from knew better and steered me to a
    >large frame which fits me perfectly.
    >
    >Mike

    See what I mean ?

    Peter R.

  11. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > --
    > > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Peter R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > answer

    > > > If your unqualified to determine your framesize you certainly don't need an Uzzi. Learn to
    > > > walk first.
    > > >
    > > > Peter R.
    > >
    > > Give the guy a break. Don't trash him, educate him.
    > >
    > > Frame sizes differ from manufacter to manufacturer. Best thing to do is
    > find
    > > an LBS with the same frame or something similar to get sized on. Maybe
    see
    > > if the person your getting the frame from will let you take a few laps before he strips it on
    > > the parts.
    > >

    > Really! If I followed the guidelines on the Intense website I would've purchased a medium sized
    > frame and been miserable on it. The folks I
    bought
    > the bike from knew better and steered me to a large frame which fits me perfectly.
    >
    > Mike

    I agree, which is why i would always get on the bike i was buying to make sure that it was a good
    fit. Most manufacturers make frames around a 5'11" rider without giving any thought to torso, arm or
    leg measurements. They can't account for every variety of human who might purchase their stuff.