V-Brake adjustment

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David Wood, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. David Wood

    David Wood Guest

    My front VBrake only pulls from one side while the other drags on the rim. Anyone give me an idea
    how to adjust them?

    Tags:

  2. Cupra

    Cupra Guest

    David Wood wrote:
    > My front VBrake only pulls from one side while the other drags on the rim. Anyone give me an idea
    > how to adjust them?

    They should have grub screws/allens on each side - these adjust the = power of the spring that holds
    the brake pad away from the rim. Tighten = the side that is rubbing and loosen the other side - or
    play until you = get the correct spacing!

    --=20 cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

  3. take it all apart, lube and rebuild. My v-brakes crud up quite quickly.

    "David Wood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My front VBrake only pulls from one side while the other drags on the
    rim.
    > Anyone give me an idea how to adjust them?

  4. Peter B

    Peter B Guest