V-brake calipers with reversible noodles?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Phil, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    As a Squid-in-Training, I run my front brake on the right hand. Many of you know that motorcycles
    have their front brake on the right (generally the dominant hand) side of the handlebar. It should
    always be this way. I think they do it motorcycle-style in Europe and Japan, but I'm not sure.

    Anyways, my question is if anybody here knows of any brake calipers other than the Avid Ultimates
    that have a reversible noodle feature. I would like to put my brakes on with the cable on the
    correct side (since i'm wrong-handed).

    Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Tags:

  2. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    On 28 Mar 2003 15:45:21 -0800, Phil <[email protected]> wrote:

    > As a Squid-in-Training, I run my front brake on the right hand. Many of you know that motorcycles
    > have their front brake on the right (generally the dominant hand) side of the handlebar. It should
    > always be this way. I think they do it motorcycle-style in Europe and Japan, but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Anyways, my question is if anybody here knows of any brake calipers other than the Avid Ultimates
    > that have a reversible noodle feature. I would like to put my brakes on with the cable on the
    > correct side (since i'm wrong-handed).
    >
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Paul's Motolites. The best v-brakes I have ever tried.

    Miles

  3. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > As a Squid-in-Training, I run my front brake on the right hand. Many of you know that motorcycles
    > have their front brake on the right (generally the dominant hand) side of the handlebar. It should
    > always be this way. I think they do it motorcycle-style in Europe and Japan, but I'm not sure.
    >
    > Anyways, my question is if anybody here knows of any brake calipers other than the Avid Ultimates
    > that have a reversible noodle feature. I would like to put my brakes on with the cable on the
    > correct side (since i'm wrong-handed).

    I run front brake right and have no problems with any of my noodles or cable routing.

    Greg

  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    > Phil wrote:
    > > As a Squid-in-Training, I run my front brake on the right hand. Many of you know that
    > > motorcycles have their front brake on the right (generally the dominant hand) side of the
    > > handlebar. It should always be this way. I think they do it motorcycle-style in Europe and
    > > Japan, but I'm not sure.
    > >
    > > Anyways, my question is if anybody here knows of any brake calipers other than the Avid
    > > Ultimates that have a reversible noodle feature. I would like to put my brakes on with the cable
    > > on the correct side (since i'm wrong-handed).
    > >

    > I run front brake right and have no problems with any of my noodles or cable routing.
    >
    > Greg

    Your housing doesn't rub against the frame or anything? My front isn't really a problem (other than
    going out and then back in for radius reasons), but the rear cable routing is a little funky...

    Do you have pictures of your setup? I'll try to get some of mine soon.

  5. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Phil wrote:
    >>
    >>>As a Squid-in-Training, I run my front brake on the right hand. Many of you know that
    >>>motorcycles have their front brake on the right (generally the dominant hand) side of the
    >>>handlebar. It should always be this way. I think they do it motorcycle-style in Europe and
    >>>Japan, but I'm not sure.
    >>>
    >>>Anyways, my question is if anybody here knows of any brake calipers other than the Avid Ultimates
    >>>that have a reversible noodle feature. I would like to put my brakes on with the cable on the
    >>>correct side (since i'm wrong-handed).
    >>>

    >>I run front brake right and have no problems with any of my noodles or cable routing.
    >>
    >>Greg
    >

    > Your housing doesn't rub against the frame or anything? My front isn't really a problem (other
    > than going out and then back in for radius reasons), but the rear cable routing is a little
    > funky...
    >
    > Do you have pictures of your setup? I'll try to get some of mine soon.

    Nothing close up enough to help. I guess it probably has a lot to do with where the cable stops are
    mounted on your frame. If you're talking about minor rub on the frame then I wouldn't worry about
    it. Put some clear frame self-adhesive frame protectors under the housing if you're concerned.

    Later, Greg