v brakes and dia comp levers and cross brakes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Panda, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Panda

    Panda Guest

    I was wondering if u can tell me if i can do the following.

    I was considering using some v brakes on some drop bars, using the dia compe levers that are
    designed for such a purpose. i was also considering putting on those levers that fit on the
    flat part of the bar - the ones used by cyclo-cross machines. would this work, or would i need
    to use cantis?

    thanks

    panda

    Tags:

  2. I just ordered Paul 'cross levers for my wife's bike as they can be set for use with the appropriate
    cable pull for either v-brakes or canti's.

    Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was wondering if u can tell me if i can do the following.
    >
    > I was considering using some v brakes on some drop bars, using the dia
    compe
    > levers that are designed for such a purpose. i was also considering
    putting
    > on those levers that fit on the flat part of the bar - the ones used by cyclo-cross machines.
    > would this work, or would i need to use cantis?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > panda

  3. Panda

    Panda Guest

    cheers, do you happen to know if the tektro levers are also adjustable?

    panda

    "Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just ordered Paul 'cross levers for my wife's bike as they can be set
    for
    > use with the appropriate cable pull for either v-brakes or canti's.
    >
    > Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY
    >

    > "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I was wondering if u can tell me if i can do the following.
    > >
    > > I was considering using some v brakes on some drop bars, using the dia
    > compe
    > > levers that are designed for such a purpose. i was also considering
    > putting
    > > on those levers that fit on the flat part of the bar - the ones used by cyclo-cross machines.
    > > would this work, or would i need to use cantis?
    > >
    > > thanks
    > >
    > > panda

  4. Don't know the answer.

    GJ